Amazing 1000 calorie bootcamp!

Options
There is an amazing fitness bootcamp that runs in the kingston area, check it out! Im not going atm due to work commitments but I went last year and it works wonders, plus is cheaper than the gym! Free 2 week trial - worth trying out at least!!

http://www.1000caloriebootcamp.co.uk/

There are alot of people who go, all of different sizes / fitness levels, and classes are indoor and outdoor!!

Replies

• martinbee
    Options
    Hi Kelly where does it happen? Sounds like a good idea to get off the plateau I have hit after a year of MFP.
    martin
  • kellybatkin
    kellybatkin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, if you take a look at the link it tells you where they are! There are various venues across kingston, surbiton, teddington, new malden ect!
  • martinbee
    Options
    Sorry me being stupid, thanks for tolerant reply, Teddington is my nearest one.
    Just back from ride round Richmond Park in very strong wind, nearly blew me off
    but burned 1332 cals in 2 hours so lots of supper tonight!
  • kellybatkin
    Options
    oh wow thats so good! I'd love to cycle round the park, dont have a bike tho! Dont suppose you know anything about bike hire within the park? sure i heard something about that once!!
  • martinbee
    Options
    There is a new place at Roehampton Gate to hire bikes here is a link. I haven't used the
    myself but have seen lots of people in the park on their bikes which look good quality.
    http://www.parkcycle.co.uk
  • martinbee
    Options
    How long since you rode a bike? You should take a friend in case of wobbles, it's more fun with two anyway.
  • kellybatkin
    Options
    ahh thank you so much!! Its pretty pricey really, but you are in richmond park!! Definitely have to go with someone, i'd probably get lost otherwise!! Thanks again!
  • martinbee
    Options
    Probably better to borrow a bike from a friend first to see if you like it, then buy a second hand one.
    All those bikes that get taken in Kingston Town Centre must be going somewhere. lol

Road bike with racing handlebars to join those lycra clad boy racers on the road round the park or a mountain bike for the more down to earth experience on the path all the way round. One lap is about 6miles so not too far probably take 45minutes at a steady pace to start with. Kingston Hill up is a killer though and lots of people walk it.

Gets better, the more practise you do, like most things.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the boot camp?
  • kellybatkin
    Options
    Hi yeah i have, I went to them for about 8 months last year! Really good workout and actually quite fun, would really really recommend! At least go try out for free! x