satisfied???

Options
ragslittle
ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
Do we ever reach a point where we become satified with our weight loss - I have reached my weight loss goal as far a pounds lost, and I can run a 1/2 marathon, but there is still no feeling of satisfaction or contentment....is that a good or bad thing or just an impossible dream?

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i had my rny in april 2012 and am not at goal still about another 20/30lbs away,i am SO NOT happy and desperatly want to hit my goal weight i wont be happy untill i do i know!
    so thats how i look at it but if you have already hit your goal then i really cant answer maybe its when you are happy with your body size? :smile:
  • miss_erynn
    miss_erynn Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just hit my goal - 150lbs - lost 100lbs in 9 months..... and no, I am not satisfied nor am I happy with how I look.
    I don't know if I ever will be.
    Like our bariatric team tells us, weight loss is more mental than it is physical. Boy were they right.
    Personally, I think that once we reach our physical goals we must then work on ourselves, with acceptance and happiness. It comes from within, not from what we SEE.

PS. I admire you for pushing yourself to your limits to accomplish so much!
  • TheMobileMom
    TheMobileMom Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I have been working through this as well. What is "thin" enough? I got some helpful advice that I will pass along. Each day look in the mirror and find 2 things you like about your "new" body. I had surgery 11/28/12, I'm down 40 lbs post surgery 70 lbs since 9/12. I've gone from plus size 20 pants to a size 10. But I have my days where I still think I look fat and ugly, despite all the recent compliments. I'm writing a blog for a local paper which helps me keep my head (most of the time). Thanks for sharing this and letting me know I'm not alone.
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I know what you are saying...the elusive self satisfaction peacefulness. I am wondering what it would take to make you happy with your loss and remarkable achievments in getting there. Does the mirror not match your imagined image maybe? Is it a let-down after the high of accomplishing your weight goal? Do you think we perhaps develop a little anorexia (of thought) after consistently losing---we aren't happy unless we continue to lose? Sorry, I seem to have more questions than answers!
  • mandynsnuf
    mandynsnuf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I hit goal and then set another goal and am struggling to reach it....why can't I just be happy ?!
  • Multifacet
    Multifacet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I worry about this with myself! I told my husband last night that once I hit "onederland" I'm going to stop obsessing and enjoy the way I look.... We'll see if that actually happens. I find myself obsessed with it coming off and not enjoying the fact that I look and feel fantastic!! It is, for sure, a mental journey. One thing though, at least we are aware of this state of mind. Hang in there!