Plateau help!

Options
Ok so the dreaded plateau has occurred and I need some tips. I eat around 25 net carbs a day and just started exercising. Is there anything else I can do that will help speed things up and get me over this plateau? Please help!

Replies

• vickiwo55
    Options
    Hi!
    Whenever I first start a new exercise program, I always gain wait the first week or two. Not sure why, I think it has to do with water in the muscles? It happens every time for me. Don't worry. =)
  • vickiwo55
    Options
    *weight
  • mjclark11
    Options
    Maybe that's it, I hope. I don't know though I just want to get past it!
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    What's your water intake and are you having any sugar alcohols i.e. atkins bars etc? I've plateaued a couple of times over the last 6 months. Once I broke it by cutting out all the sugar alcohols and switching to more IF eating. The last time it was a real pain to break and nothing I did would break it until I did a 24 hour fast with just coffee/water. Not saying you should try those because a plateau is pretty normal at times on keto, just eat right and it will work itself out :)
  • GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I just broke through a plateau. I did it by keeping my carbs ultra low, around 12-15 a day, keeping my sodium very low, under 2000mg and increasing my water. It took 2 days then I dropped 1lb, 6oz and I continued on with 20-30 carbs daily and still loosing.

Good luck, hang in there, try some of the suggestions here until you find one that works with your body. :)
  • mjclark11
    Options
    I drink at least 6 8oz glasses a day which I know is not enough but it's so hard case It makes me pee so much lol. I think I'm going to try a fast tomorrow it has worked for me in the past. I haven't tried lowering my carbs yet so ill have to try that to. I've been trying to stay away from sugar alcohols because I don't want to get blood sugar problems diabetes runs in my family so I don't want to risk it the only thing I do have is 3 slenda packets in my coffee each day other then that I really limit my sugars. Thanks guys for the help ill let ya know how it works for me!
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track. My only other suggestion is to make sure your macros are on track - are you getting enough fat? I raised my fat from 65% to 70% and had a move. Now I am not as close but it may work for you.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know if this will work, but after nearly a month with no real loss, I put my scales away. They were making the plateau much harder to endure. Now I feel much better. LOL I feel lighter!