Friends!

Options
Taraanne76
Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
I am new to lifting and eating clean (30 days in!) and would like friends that log and can share meal/wrkout ideas with . So far I have researched on my own and found muffintopless.com to have good recipes motivation, and workouts. I just finished reading NROLFW but I prefer to work out 6 days a week bc it helps keep me motivated. Anyways, I would love to have friends who are on a similar journey!

Replies

• karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have not read / nor currently follow NRFWL for women, but i hear it's a good program. I am one month in on my 2nd cut. and have been lifting since about June, I guess -full body. You are welcome to add me :)

welcome to the "club" - i love how empowering it is! :) and my husband can't compliment me enough (whether it's lifting, or just my fitness in general) - which is motivation enough :D
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I started NROLFW and am on stage 1. It's really challenging but I also really like it so far! I really like being able to do 3 workouts a week, it's much better for my schedule; I admire you WANTING to do 6 days a week!

Here is a really active group following NR, http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • Taraanne76
    Options
    Thanks! I find that on the days I don't work out I get cravings for food I really don't want. Plus, I have two little ones and 2 hrs at the gym is heaven!

I wish my husband was more supportive. Generally he is but thinks women should just lift a 5 lb dumbell a trillion times. I have tried to explain but will have to wait and show him!
  • KatLifter
    Options

I wish my husband was more supportive. Generally he is but thinks women should just lift a 5 lb dumbell a trillion times. I have tried to explain but will have to wait and show him!

Ugh, men can be so stupid ;)
    Here is an article I just read last night about badass women lifting. I wish I saw more women in the weight room too!
    http://www.bostonmagazine.com/articles/2013/01/women-weightlifting/#.URBG0HD5j7A.facebook
  • Taraanne76
    Options
    That was awesome, I can't wait to graduate from my 15-20lb dumbells! The trainer at my gym said I should start off on the machines and dumbells, but I really like barbells from taking body pump classes.

A question. First off, I feel like I am eating way too many cals (the starvation diet mentality hard to shake!) and was wondering what you all eat like? So far I am trying to get lean protein, a ton of veggies, and some carbs like sweet pots/oatmeal and oat bran wraps. In the past I have dropped weight on low everything diets. Part of me feels skeptical that I will lose weight at all. My expectations are low but I like exercise and eating healthy so maybe someday I will get there.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Since you're on my friends list my diary is open to you. Admittedly, it might seem a little boring, but I seem to like it that way. I eat a lot of lean proteins, Greek yogurt, veggies, some complex carbs like sweet potatoes, brown rice, and fruit.

Then once a week or so I eat something delicious and off-plan to keep me sane :)
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I did NROL4W last year and have been focusing more on clean eating recently and getting more lean protein into my diet. I started upping my calories gradually about a year ago. Sent you a friend request, always helps to have friends with common goals!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    There is a "New Rules of Lifting for Women" group here at mfp ...come on over!

We have a 'daily chat thread' that is pretty busy on an ongoing basis.