Daily Check in Posting

Options
ofccat
ofccat Posts: 284 Member
I figured it would be easier to have a place we could post our runs daily.

Replies

• ofccat
    Options
    I have been fighting bronchitis and was happy to get in a 3.5 mile run on the treadmill today without coughing!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    In recovery mode from my Surf City half marathon. Yesterday I did 70 minutes of walking with a few light jogs. Today I am going to try and find my yoga for runners video.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I don't run every day. Lifted yesterday, today will be a snowy, cold 4.5 miles, Leg Day is Wednedays, Thursday 3-4 miles, Saturday 7-8 and Sunday will be 3-4. Switched to a more advanced 1/2 training plan so my weekly miles will be increasing.
  • RockyColorado
    Options
    3.25 miles.....5.3 mph
  • ofccat
    Options
    I did 6 miles today. Tomorrow will be a running day off. Either lifting or swimming-haven't decided yet
  • RockyColorado
    Options
    3.25 miles 5.4mph
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Short run for me today because I also did some lifting, but my best time ever! 3 miles in 29:59. I was so excited. Now I'm just tired, lol!
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Today was a non running day for me. Did Body Combat class. Scheduled to run 8 on Saturday and if the weather holds, tomorrow will be a 4-5 mile
  • DrRandyFlanagan
    DrRandyFlanagan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks. I am a newbie on groups on My Fitness Pal. I have lost 60 pounds this year. Still weigh 345 and I am going to run in the Myrtle Beach Half Marathon a week from Saturday. I look forward to sharing with you all this year as I continue to run and to get under 300 pounds for the first time in a long time. Today is a machine day. Tomorrow a short run to keep the legs loose. Do you have any good suggestions for the race next week? :happy:
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Hi Folks. I am a newbie on groups on My Fitness Pal. I have lost 60 pounds this year. Still weigh 345 and I am going to run in the Myrtle Beach Half Marathon a week from Saturday. I look forward to sharing with you all this year as I continue to run and to get under 300 pounds for the first time in a long time. Today is a machine day. Tomorrow a short run to keep the legs loose. Do you have any good suggestions for the race next week? :happy:

Terrific loss! My best advice - have fun! I try to keep positive thoughts when I'm running. When I thnk about anything negative, I can feel myself fatiguing. Let us know how you did!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Did my 8 miles today at my pace for my 1/2 from October (around 11:30). Learned this is a good, slow pace for my long runs as your LR should be slower by 60-90 seconds than your normal pace and easy. However, learned that I need to abide by the rule to dress as if its 20 degrees warmer bc I was too hot at times. Also need to get back to the routine of avoiding certain trigger foods the day before/of a LR 60+ mins; upset belly!!!
  • ValerieMomof2
    Options
    Did 8 today. My pace was awesome IF I were racing. I cannot control my pace. I tell myself to slow down but then I just don't. The last 1/2 mile was tough so I need to change this for my next run. Tips?? I keep an eye on my pace throughout the run and will slow down but it's always temporary. I did a 9:10 today and would really like to be doing the long runs at a minimum of 9:30 but more like a 10. I will never do a 13 at this pace today
  • ofccat
    Options
    I took a break this weekend and did light running/walking to fully recover from the bronchitis. I also swam! I did 3.1 for pace yesterday and had a piltaes certification yesterday. Tomorrow I am going to try and get 7-9 in during kids rest time. I would love to be outside but it's dark so early that by the time my husband gets home from work its too late.
  • ofccat
    Options
    Do you have a heart rate monitor that you could set an alarm for? If not I think it will just take a lot of mental thinking to remind yourself to slow it down.
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Got a solid five in today at a good pace (for me). Working on my plan to get to my full 10 miles at my intended pace for the run on May 5. Barring injuries and complications, I know I can finish... But I want to finish STRONG! :smile:
  • dorothytd
    Options
    Did 8 today. My pace was awesome IF I were racing. I cannot control my pace. I tell myself to slow down but then I just don't. The last 1/2 mile was tough so I need to change this for my next run. Tips?? I keep an eye on my pace throughout the run and will slow down but it's always temporary. I did a 9:10 today and would really like to be doing the long runs at a minimum of 9:30 but more like a 10. I will never do a 13 at this pace today

I would say get one of those watches that keeps pace - it will beep at you if you're too slow or fast!
  • ValerieMomof2
    Options

I would say get one of those watches that keeps pace - it will beep at you if you're too slow or fast!

I have a Garmin Forerunner 110. I don't think it has that feature but I will check. My best friend was saying she's doing the exact same thing. We used to run together but we can't get our schedules to match so I am going to keep trying.

As for training, I did 3 miles yesterday with a Body Combat class after.
  • ofccat
    Options
    10 mile run today. Felt pretty good- stiff but good.
  • ofccat
    Options
    I'll also be starting Les Mills Pump next week for strength training.
  • ofccat
    Options

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss. I love the support you'll find on MFP.
    Let us know how the race goes.