Flexibility

Options
lori_en
lori_en Posts: 133 Member
Apologies, I know we already have a thread on this, but I wanted to find out about people's different levels of flexibility:

Do you think it's important to at least maintain a certain level for pole dancing?
Are you happy with how flexible you are? Do you do any specific training to make yourself more flexible?

I've tried to teach myself how to do the splits, but only got so far before life started getting in the way and I didn't have time to prcatise everyday, but after joining another pole dancing forum, I have been inspired to take my flexibility more seriously!

If anyone can recommend any dvds that I can use to work on my flexibility at home, I would be really grateful! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i'd be interested in this
    I am not very splitty or open in my hips or bendy in my back but i am reasonably flexible and would like to keep working on this
    (when i have time! )

thanks
  • stants85
    stants85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would definetly be interested in hearing if anyone has any DVD reccomendations.

I recently brought '10 minutes Solutions - Perfect pilates body' this has a 10 mins session on stretching a flexibility but i did not find this was enough.

There are so many DVD's out there but never know which one to buy.

• lori_en
    Options
    The one I'm really wanting to buy is Aleathea Austen's Stretching for Pole as it's meant to be really good for all over flexibility, but it's £35!!! :noway:

Will either have to save up for it, or ask for it for my birthday in May.... :grumble:
  • stants85
    stants85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey,

you can get that DVD form

http://www.everythingpoledancing.com/product/stretching

For £20
    x
  • lori_en
    Options
    hey,

you can get that DVD form

http://www.everythingpoledancing.com/product/stretching

For £20
    x

An amazing find! Thank you! :happy:

Although, looking back, the price of £35 was for the two DVDs together: Strecthing For Pole and Splits Stretching, which are best to buy together as the Stretching For Pole one doesn't do much on the splits... if you were to buy them separately at £20 each... it seems I was right with the £35 price tag! :/

I really should read websites properly! :embarassed:
  • IronKitty
    IronKitty Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am not at all happy with my flexibility and one of my goals this year is to not only get my splits - left, right, center- and over splits - at least right. I have a pole instructor who is using Aleathea Austen's Pure Splits and I borrowed it from her.....it is amazing!!! Definitely had the wrong idea that just sitting in splits would get them better, but she has all these moves/stretches you can do to get you into it way quicker! Definitely getting my own copy!!
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Ive heard good things about the Flexibility dvd from Felix Canes set. Havent tried it myself, but she is crazy flexible so Id imagine its good.
  • preslyann50
    preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am not flexible at all :( When I had my back surgery I told them how unflexible I was and they didn't believe me until I showed them and they even tried to get me to go further and couldn't.
    I have been doing pole, yoga, stretching EVERYTHING and it's not working. Makes me sad because I look at somethign things in pole and I just know there is no way I can do it :(