Eight months post op- Calories???

Options
I am eight months post op and almost down 100 lbs. I am not sure on how many calories I should be consuming daily. I was just wondering where everyone is at??? I am between 1200-1500, too much maybe???

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    depending on what you still weigh but it sounds about right! :smile:

i am on around that most days but i tend to try to exersice to EVERYDAY.But my weight loss has also slowed to a snails pace lol:mad: i had mine in mid april,so good luck as long as you are still losing no problems x
  • ragslittle
    ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That's about right - just be careful - at about this point you can eat more and tolerate more so its more important now to make sure you are journaling everything!!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I will be 8 months post op from sleeve surgery on 2/11/13. I was eating 1000 cals but a couple weeks ago I up'd it to 1200 cals due to doing alot more exercising. I don't eat back my calories burned doing exercise though.
    I try to get 100 grams of protein in a day also and drink 80 oz of water daily.
    I have about 12 pounds to get to my person goal of 130 weight for my 5'4" height.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am nine months out and thats about where I am. I was 800-100 for awhile but stopped losing. I found that when I increased to where I am now I started losing again.
  • rumplesnat
    Options
    I am 11 months post-op and have been around 850-950 calories for the past 3 months. I just bumped up to 1000 calories this past week because I hit a plateau and it helped me over that hump. My surgeon has a suggested daily range of 800-1,200 until we hit our goal, 1,200 daily for maintenance stage. I burn 3,500 calories a week in exercise, however, so I could definately bump up my calories...I'm just so afraid of losing control again. :ohwell: