Share your story

Options
2»

Replies

• mlkabik
    mlkabik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    I've been on the DASH diet since Feb. of this year (seven months or so, now), and in that time my blood pressure has gone down dramatically--from 140/90 to 115/76, and I've lost 54 pounds. I didn't follow phases or anything like that, either. I reduced my calories, emphasized veggies and whole grains, and ate only lean meat (and infrequently at that).

Works like a charm for me.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have one more week of the "15/21 quick start diet" (11 pounds down so far) and then I'm going to commit to DASH. The part that scares me is staying under 1,500 mg of sodium. Did I mention that I like food??? I do think I can do this and and hopefully I will be telling a story similar to mlkabik's in a few months.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Finished the third and final week of the "15/21 quick start diet" and dropped 15 lbs exactly! After a couple of down days (but still under my calorie intake goals), I will begin the DASH diet and do my best to hold to 1,500 mg of sodium. I'm finding out that's pretty much NO processed or fast food or more than 3 servings of animal protein. My goal is not only to work my way back to 230 lbs but to also get off of the high blood pressure medication. I'll keep you informed of progress made on both fronts.