Veggie Week Day 1 & 2

Options
Crookey21
Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
For those who do not know...i have decided to try something different this week. I have decided to not eat any meats. This is not a punishment for overeating or anything like that. I just wanted to try something different.

Yesterday was my first day and i was so pumped!! so excited!! i tried something i never had before..Japanese Green Salad, which according to the label was basically seaweed. i was so surprised how tasty it was!!! i know i will definitely have that again. For dinner i had the veggie wrap from Jason's Deli.

Today, i am struggling to keep myself full. i just feel like im always hungry. i ate some Belvita biscuits, cup of fruit, 2 avocado sandwhiches and i just finished a bowl of vegetable soup. still got a whole vegetable tray im saving to snack on the second half of the day.

its only two days...i feel very hungry...and i feel i have less energy. im told cuz it could be of less protein. I have protein bars with me and protein powder at home. hope that helps. im sure it just my body no used to this change in my eating habits. hope i feel better towards the end of the week.

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Add in some beans and lentils into the mix!!! They are great for protein. They also have a bit of fiber that will help you keep full. I also like nuts and seeds with fruit. Spinach and brussel sprouts have a good amount of protein as well. You won't get the same amount as meat, but there are quite a few plant based protein sources.

Keep with it!!
  • LesleyGillan
    Options
    I love that Japanese Green Salad and I was surprised at how tasty it is too!

Treat it as a learning curve, You are working out just what your body needs.

I hope things are going better for you now.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    How has the rest of the week gone?