Anyone doing Atkins 1972 (stricter)?

Options
2»

Replies

• timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    All I have ever done is the old atkins books, I tend to stay on one form of the old induction or another long term, I find the whole net carb thing to be TOO much counting and TOO much work, only to have the scale stall on us, as far as calories on the old 1972 book, you do NOT cound calories at all on the old atkins, he clearly says in the old books to eat as much as you want of the allowed foods and you will lose weight, I know that is a mind warp for some people to grasp, but what atkins says in the old book is he counts on that person losing there appitite and thier interest in bad carb foods, and as a result your appetite goes down and you end up eating less as a result, this just goes hand in hand on induction, always does for me
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    The Rules of Original Atkins

The Diet Revolution Rules (Level One)
    1. Don’t count calories
    2. Eat as much of the allowed foods as you need to avoid hunger.
    3. Don’t eat when you are not hungry.
    4. Don’t feel you must finish everything on your plate just because it is there.
    5. Drink as much water or calorie free beverages as thirst requires. Don’t restrict fluids… but it is not necessary to force them either.
    6. Frequent small meals are preferable.
    7. If weakness results from rapid weight loss, you may need salt.
    8. Everyday take a high-strength multivitamin pill.
    9. Read the labels on “low-calorie” drinks, syrups, desserts,. Only those with no carbohydrate content are allowed.
  • wytchmds
    Options
    I started Atkins diet revolution (72) on Monday. It is Saturday and I have lost 11lbs. My dr. Recommended me to do the original Atkins diet instead of the New diet revolution by Dr. Atkins. So I decided to give it a go. I love it! I'm not hungry or tired. I reached the euphoria stage which has helped a lot with the depression I have been feeling the past couple months. I have both books. The stricter diet is more my style. I think, when I get to the weight I want to be at, I might switch to the newer book. I do stay away from the bars, and honestly, I think there is marketing involved with dr atkins new revolution diet (2002), to get us to buy the atkins products. But that may just be me.
  • MistressPi
    MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I started Atkins diet revolution (72) on Monday. It is Saturday and I have lost 11lbs. My dr. Recommended me to do the original Atkins diet instead of the New diet revolution by Dr. Atkins. So I decided to give it a go. I love it! I'm not hungry or tired. I reached the euphoria stage which has helped a lot with the depression I have been feeling the past couple months. I have both books. The stricter diet is more my style. I think, when I get to the weight I want to be at, I might switch to the newer book. I do stay away from the bars, and honestly, I think there is marketing involved with dr atkins new revolution diet (2002), to get us to buy the atkins products. But that may just be me.

That is wonderful! Congratulations on your success so far.