Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    No here, I don't drink coffee at all.
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I drink it every day! I don't use the bullet proof coffee, but use whatever keurig k-cups I have on hand (usually hazelnut) plus kerrygold unsalted butter and either MCT oil or coconut oil. I use the immersion blender and drink it on my way to work.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I use regular fair trade/organic beans that I grind at home, Kerrygold butter, Nutiva coconut oil. Sometimes a spoonful of unsweetened cocoa, cinnamon, splash of vanilla. Blend everything with an immersion blender--that's the trick for incorporating all the oil. It blends up nice and frothy and is just lovely!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ah, so bulletproof does not insinuate the Bulletproof Brand coffee but what you put in your coffee? a.k.a. butter, coconut oil, or MCT oil? I haven't tried any of those in my coffee. Been doing almond milk and used a bit of heavy cream this morning instead. Are the benefits of putting those things in your coffee just that you don’t really need breakfast and can stay full until lunch? I currently don’t feel like I need to eat breakfast until 10 or 11am after drinking a glass of water and a cup of coffee in the early morning.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every morning I work I have regular store bought coffee with a tbs each Kerrygold and Coconut Oil. I just started with the cinnamon and it is great. I also fix it at home in my Magic Bullet and take it to work
  • kannd86
    Options
    I do this with tea most mornings. It's great!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I do this with tea most mornings. It's great!

That's an idea. I do have a tea I like plain (Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice). I really love coffee, though.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    I've tried it on occasion, with coconut oil or Kerrygold Butter. I try to use only a small amount, maximum a tablespoon, but more usually a teaspoon. I can't drink black coffee and am still looking for an affordable brand to use. I tried the $18 a pound stuff from the Bulletproof Coffee website and it was pretty good, but it's too expensive for me to keep using.

If I'm going to have something in the morning to help me with IF, I need to look forward to it. I look forward to my skim latte at Starbucks, not BP coffee. I tried adding some sugar-free vanilla syrup from Starbucks, but it's still not what I'd call delicious.

Haven't given up yet, though,and am open to suggestions, especially for coffee.

Add a little to your latte. MCT oil has no taste, Butter just a bit...

Maybe I'll try that. But I'm usually doing this for IF, so I need to keep the calories low. A latte with skim milk is 200 calories.
  • tracy1344
    tracy1344 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started making BP coffee over a week ago and both of us are hooked on it! We started with stevia, kerrygold butter and a high quality coconut oil while we waited for the MCT oil to arrive. We are on day 2 of having it with the stevia, butter and MCT. My oldest daughter (college age) started drinking it this week and while she isn't as crazy about the taste/texture as my husband and I, her energy and mental clarity has improved enough that she feels it's worth it. She isn't a morning person, so BP coffee has really helped her with those 8am classes she is taking.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I usally drink my bulletproof on weekends only using 1 T extra virgin coconut oil, 1 T ghee and about 2 T coconut milk. I don't like my coffee black, but last week you had suggested trying it without the coconut milk and I did and loved it. You definitely need to blend it. I can't see how someone could put it in a togo coffee cup and make it last, I love mine so much I drink it down within 5 minutes. Will start trying to drink it daily every morning.
  • happy_travels
    happy_travels Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just so that I am clear

The point of BP coffee is to stay full for several hours due to the healthy fats? Which leads to you ultimately eating less during the day because you end up fasting through breakfast? Do I have this correct?
  • kannd86
    Options
    Not necessarily eat less, but eat during a shorter window. Most likely you would wind up eating less, but it's the same principle, eat til you feel satisfied, don't worry about calories (except going too low).
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    So Good!

BP_zps5d9b8cf0.jpeg
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Just so that I am clear

The point of BP coffee is to stay full for several hours due to the healthy fats? Which leads to you ultimately eating less during the day because you end up fasting through breakfast? Do I have this correct?

When combined with IF, that's my understanding, although, as someone else said, the point is to eat normally during your eating window, not necessarily to eat less.

I'm still working on the right BP coffee combination, but I find it much easier to do IF if I have some caffeine in the morning. Unfortunately, I cannot stand black coffee, and tea, which I do drink on occasion, does not have the same effect. I love coffee with skim milk and nothing else, but for IF skim milk has too many carbs and calories, at least the way I drink my coffee.