Keeping fat loss a secret

Options

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I list my weight loss in my dating profile. I have it as a adendum at the end. I don't do it because I want to talk about the weight loss. I do it because I've had several women ask me how I can be 42, have a PhD, stable employment, no children and my longest relationship is only over 1 year. I figure there probably are at least 5 women who see it as a red flag and ignore my profile for every woman who will actually ask. Because of it, I tell about working long hours, gaining 200 pounds, being in a college town in my mid 30's where the average female is 19, etc.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the people saying that losing a lot of weight shows character. I'm not sure what this next part says about me, but here we go...

California tends to breed or attract a lot of people (both sexes) that are very self-centered, egotistic, and a bit disillusion about their place in the world. The Internet has made this a million times worse. Anyone can put a picture of themselves online and have strangers tell them they are special and sexy and important. (says the guy with shirtless photos of himself posted on here, I know...)

In my experience, those that spend a portion of their life overweight or otherwise outside of the circle of "beautiful people" tend to grow up with a personality more to my own liking. An ex-"fat chick" who is now responsible with fitness and nutrition turns out pretty damn awesome.

All generalizations clouded by my own experiences, and of course there are always exceptions.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the people saying that losing a lot of weight shows character. I'm not sure what this next part says about me, but here we go...

California tends to breed or attract a lot of people (both sexes) that are very self-centered, egotistic, and a bit disillusion about their place in the world. The Internet has made this a million times worse. Anyone can put a picture of themselves online and have strangers tell them they are special and sexy and important. (says the guy with shirtless photos of himself posted on here, I know...)

In my experience, those that spend a portion of their life overweight or otherwise outside of the circle of "beautiful people" tend to grow up with a personality more to my own liking. An ex-"fat chick" who is now responsible with fitness and nutrition turns out pretty damn awesome.

All generalizations clouded by my own experiences, and of course there are always exceptions.
    So, going by this, I should be pretty damn awesome. Ladies, if you could please just form a nice, orderly line to my left please. :tongue:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

So, going by this, I should be pretty damn awesome. Ladies, if you could please just form a nice, orderly line to my left please. :tongue:

A-woman-chasing-a-man.jpg
  • fullofwhimsy
    Options
    An ex-"fat chick" who is now responsible with fitness and nutrition turns out pretty damn awesome.

You know.. I totally agree. Everyone here (and Vancouver is California superficial, believe me) I know who has ever not been "typically" pretty or had some weight to lose has developed a wicked sense of humour and an amazing personality..self included.. :drinker:
  • baraccus
    baraccus Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    An ex-"fat chick" who is now responsible with fitness and nutrition turns out pretty damn awesome.

You know.. I totally agree. Everyone here (and Vancouver is California superficial, believe me) I know who has ever not been "typically" pretty or had some weight to lose has developed a wicked sense of humour and an amazing personality..self included.. :drinker:

Hey!...oh wait that was a compliment... I think? Lol
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    FallingInLoveWithMe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    former fat guy? yeah no

ull be fat again in 2 yrs mad at me cuz ur not hot anymore
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Haha. I like how my speal on a certain personality type is reinforced by a later poster.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    Haha. I like how my speal on a certain personality type is reinforced by a later poster.

I'm likin your tats. Would like to see them in more detail. :flowerforyou:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    former fat guy? yeah no

WTF is your problem? Are you kidding right now?
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    former fat guy? yeah no

WTF is your problem? Are you kidding right now?

I'm wondering if poster is hanging out under a bridge? Troll much?
    If not, I got nothin good.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Hey, faker with the pink goat. Got some questions for ya before you get all high and mighty.

How did you come back from the dead? I assume you wouldn't be a horrible enough human being to use an image of a RAPED AND MURDERED mother of three as your personal image.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/MARTINEZ-Death-penalty-verdict-in-rape-slaying-2490507.php#photo-2639186

Maybe you should stick to stealing the identities of beachbody consultants peddling their wares on Tumblr

http://fitaficionada.tumblr.com/post/29532180080

In case you are curious, she is also on MFP - I'm sure she'd like to know you are claiming her image as your own.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/lifeaficionada

Here's my favorite one, because while you might be able to say "I never said those images were me!!" You very specifically claimed that your current main pic WAS you, (Right in here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388774-welcome?page=4 ) and you said that's not a goat, that's a dog that you were walking while on a movie set. Here's the hilarious thing - that pic is wildly popular all over the internet because the broad is walking a GOAT.

http://www.thedistractionnetwork.com/girl-with-pink-goat/
    former fat guy? yeah no

Don't say stuff like that.

Edit: *siiiiiiiiiigh* Toned it down...
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    Hey, faker with the pink goat. Got some questions for ya before you get all high and mighty.

How did you come back from the dead? I assume you wouldn't be a horrible enough human being to use an image of a RAPED AND MURDERED mother of three as your personal image.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/MARTINEZ-Death-penalty-verdict-in-rape-slaying-2490507.php#photo-2639186

Maybe you should stick to stealing the identities of beachbody consultants peddling their wares on Tumblr

http://fitaficionada.tumblr.com/post/29532180080

In case you are curious, she is also on MFP - I'm sure she'd like to know you are claiming her image as your own.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/lifeaficionada

Here's my favorite one, because while you might be able to say "I never said those images were me!!" You very specifically claimed that your current main pic WAS you, (Right in here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388774-welcome?page=4 ) and you said that's not a goat, that's a dog that you were walking while on a movie set. Here's the hilarious thing - that pic is wildly popular all over the internet because the broad is walking a GOAT.

http://www.thedistractionnetwork.com/girl-with-pink-goat/
    former fat guy? yeah no

Don't say stuff like that.

Edit: *siiiiiiiiiigh* Toned it down...

Liked it better before you toned it down. :drinker:
  • FallingInLoveWithMe
    FallingInLoveWithMe Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    yeah wateva ur just jealous the guys here like me more than u cuz i say wut thyr thinkin

didn't know the one pic was of a dead girl tho ewww sorry

other pics are all over the internet hilarious anyone bought the dog bit that pic is everywhere

many ppl hr have fake profiles

haters gonna hate
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    yeah wateva ur just jealous the guys here like me more than u cuz i say wut thyr thinkin

other pics are all over the internet hilarious anyone bought the dog bit that pic is everywhere

haters gonna hate

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm out of nice things to say.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options

haters gonna hate

I truly don't give a flying f*#K but you should get your facts straight. I'm not the crazy girl who attacked her husband in the forums. Nobody likes you, probably not even you like you, that's why you use fake pics.

edit to mention that I was accused of being that crazy chick in a PM from fakelove
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

haters gonna hate

I truly don't give a flying f*#K but you should get your facts straight. I'm not the crazy girl who attacked her husband in the forums. Nobody likes you, probably not even you like you, that's why you use fake pics.

edit to mention that I was accused of being that crazy chick in a PM from fakelove

Now THAT is an insult D:
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

haters gonna hate

Dear 'Person' Impersonating Dead Raped Murdered Girl,

No, haters don't hate here unless you are completely fake, which you have proven yourself to be.....
    Congratulations on your parents giving you internet access, the way you write it's clear you just turned 13.
    (*Happy birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuu*)
    So disappointed you've admitted to having a fake profile.
    Just when I was going to suggest breeding our dogs together.
    I've always wanted a pink goat... I mean, dog.....

Sincerely,
    .... uh nevermind... I'm not being sincere....
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    PS - I don't frequent this board much anymore... and the "FallingInLove" poster is the epitome of why I don't come here anymore. Sorry, I graduated high school AND college a long time ago. I learnt how to spelt alongs time agos to gradumacate.....
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I'm outtie like a belly button.