Just getting started. Would like advise on where to start.

Hi group...My name is Barbara and I am about 30lbs over where I want to be. Want to look good for bikini season. Any advise that you all could give me on where to start would be much appreciated. :happy:

Replies

• petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    hi!
    I vowed I wouldn't give anymore "advice" out until I lose a few more pounds.
    But you can feel free to add me and also my diary is public. I think I am going about things in the right way...

It's all about proper nutrition and exercise :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Firstly work out your calories and make sure that you aren't eating too little because it'll backfire later.

Try to pre-log your food for the day so you stay under your calrories. Drink lots of water or other drinks like tea/herbal tea if you want to help with that, it all counts.

Try to get some sort of exercise most days. Walking is great if that is all you feel like doing.

Read, read, read all you can on here to learn how to go about losing in a healthy manner. You will need more protein than MFP says and eat lots of fibre, both will help with staying fuller longer. Eat of healthy fats like avocado, oily fish like salmon/sardines etc.., nuts/nut butters, coconut/ coconut oil, EVOO etc etc..

Feel free to ask me any questions or add me as a friend if you like.