My last vestiges of soy...gone!

Options
About two weeks ago, I threw out my extensive collection of miso. Today, I dumped my stash of shoyu down the drain, about 1/2 gallon's worth. Bye bye soy!

I have my little bottle of coconut aminos for my seasoning pleasure, and I really dig the stuff. Anyone know where to buy it on the cheap?

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't know, and am in the UK now where such things are even more difficult to find.

Congratulations on doing away with your soy collection! :flowerforyou:
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    How much was your bottle? I think my bottle is about 16 ounces for under $6 but it lasted a really long time for me. Congrats on doing away with te soy!
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    the more I learn about soy, I hate it more than wheat. :) its bad *kitten*.
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The most consistent source I've found for coconut aminos online is vitacost.com - it's $7.49 for an 8 oz bottle and you can get free shipping when you spend over $50. I usually try to do a stock-up order from them every few months. My youngest has a soy allergy, so we can go through it fairly quickly between stir fry's and jerky.

Amazon is really all over the place with pricing. The ones that do offer Prime are usually quite a bit more expensive. Once in a while there's a seller there that offers a gallon for about $65 with free shipping via Prime, but it's hit and miss.
  • shelleycc
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I'm a big amazon prime shopper, and I noticed that the deals on the aminos just didn't look so hot.
  • shelleycc
    Options
    UPDATE:

I scored a gallon of coconut aminos for $58.10 (with free "expedited" shipping for orders over $40) from iherb.com. That oughta last me a good long while. Yay!

Thanks for all the help.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I just got in a bottle of soy-free vitamins. I've eliminated soy but didn't realise it was in my daily vitamin. <sigh> I bought Vital Nutrient off of Amazon.