Is 1640 calories a day too high for me?

Options
Jeiselle
Jeiselle Posts: 1 Member
Hi,
I have been given by myfitnesspal the daily caloric limit of 1640. I weigh 230 lbs and I am 5 feet 4 inches. I think this calorie limit is high. What does anyone else think.

Replies

• kaylasue16
    Options
    That's not too high:)) never go below 1200-1500 calories a day or your body will go into starvation mode and turn more food to fat so you'll actually gain weight.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yeah, plus you don't want to try to lose too much weight too fast. You will just end up feeling exhausted and sick, then you will lose your motivation. I am sure, as you start getting closer to your goaland your diet/exercise habits change, the website will adjust the figures to help you reach your goals. I started yesterday on MFP, but I have done other calorie counters. I usually eat about 1600 calories a day, before starting my new job 2 months ago, i was burning close to 2000 a day without excerise. Now, I have a sit downposition, but kept eating the same amount. I recently joined a gym, and I work out for 2 hours a day, so the website says I should be eating 1600cal a day with that amount of excerise.
  • Emglyfolk
    Emglyfolk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started this program. I'm on 1650 per day and weigh 255 lbs. When I look at the food I can eat for 1650 calories and compare to what I'm eating now (honestly probably 3000 per day) 1650 will be just fine. I suspect it will be a challenge to stick too 1650 once my cravings kick in and motivation wains..... But I'm in for the long haul as I have to 'get healthy'!
  • lauriee264
    Options
    I'm eating 1650 a day and I think it's fine, it's getting me through and it's definitely less that my usual (probably like 2200)
    I weigh 220lbs and I'm 5'6
    I've thought the same thing as well, but I've realized that it's actually quite a good figure to be at