little help?

Options
I'm having trouble balancing my diet to the 40/30/30. I can easily get my carbs to 40, but the fat flies way up and the protein is low. help? what foods work?

Replies

• Gapwedge01
    Options
    I'm having trouble balancing my diet to the 40/30/30. I can easily get my carbs to 40, but the fat flies way up and the protein is low. help? what foods work?

Just off the top of my head: skinless chicken breasts, almonds, protein shakes, tuna, salmon will all up your protein with minimal fat. The fish have good fat btw. When you say the fat flies what are you eating ?
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just off the top of my head: Protein powder for sure, eggwhites, swap out lentils for some of your carbs, since they are packed with protein as well/ :)
  • missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Just off the top of my head: skinless chicken breasts, almonds, protein shakes, tuna, salmon will all up your protein with minimal fat. The fish have good fat btw. When you say the fat flies what are you eating ?

the salmon is a good thought- i've got almonds and tuna, but am of the impression that we shouldn't be eating too much tuna? I'm not used to eating much chicken or beef at all so i guess i've gotta work on more chicken and salmon. I"m thinking protein shakes might be a quick way to get there. Any suggestions in particular for these? thanks in advance.