Daily Calories

Options
jocop2003
jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
Can I ask how many calories you are actually consuming in a day?? I know eating is 80% on how sucessful a person is on losing weight, and MFP has me at 1350 calories as I only have 18lbs to lose. But when I work out and depending what and how much I do it allows me to have more calories just curious on how many of calories do you actually try to stay around.

Thanks

Replies

• nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    My aim is in the neighborhood of 1400-1550. While I would like to lose 50 more pounds, my job isn't completely sedentary (I am a graduate student in a lab), and I am on my feet or walking back and forth between different work areas most of the day- not to mention there is a lot of thinking involved, so I can't afford to feel sluggish.1200 kcal net didn't cut it for me although that is the recommended net intake for losing 2 lb/week. If my weight loss will progress at a slower pace, so be it.

When you exercise, eat all or most of the extra calories that you are allowed so that your net is 1350 (your MFP setting) and not lower.
  • Jovan0609
    Jovan0609 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining at this point, but when I was set to lose 1 pound per week, MFP had me at about 1600 calories per day. I was actually consuming around 2000 though. Thats what helped me feel like I had enough energy during the day. You really just have to listen to your body and find what amount works best for you.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    This is a link I found on another persons post I was going to have my husband help me figure it out. As I am not great with numbers. I dont want to deprive myself either especially if I am being active.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12