favorite brand of jeans?

Options
13»

Replies

• juliew3
    juliew3 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love the way Not Your Daughter's Jeans fit, and the way they look. I also like Gloria Vanderbilt stretch denim jeans.

NYDJ are expensive in retail - I get them at Nordstrom Rack.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Jag jeans in tall. I have not seen or tried on any NYDJ that were long enough for me.
  • shellall123
    shellall123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have to chime in, I'm 5'11 and love love love second yoga jeans! They are so flattering for tall women.
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Tall girls look no further.... ALLOY Catalog. Or online ALLOYAPPAREL.COM
    Lots of fashionable styes, lengths 35" and 37" ... even 39" inseams. Believe it! Prices reasonable. Almost all in the $30 - $40 range. I have been getting really cute jeans and pants here for years.

I second this one. Alloy is great because they actually have trendy styles and tons of clearance/sales. But some of their jeans wear down quickly due to the thin fabric.
  • melissacurry04
    melissacurry04 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Alloy.com has where you can order up to a 37 inch inseam in most pants and they are affordable.
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    They are a bit pricey, but I like White House Black Market. If you get them on season sale they are really well priced, so if I find something that works I stock up. Eddie Bauers fit me too, but I don't like the feel of them and they make my butt look bigger.
  • mmcgoye
    mmcgoye Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'11", need a 36" inseam and am constantly on a budget
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Old Navy jeans fit me (Im a 36" inseam) but I wouldnt recommend them to anyone...they are horrible quality and stretch out looking all mishapen and rediculous looking within half an hour of having them on.

But I have a disproportionately large behind, and their Sweetheart jeans are the only ones Ive found so far that gives me the least amount of gap in the waistband.
  • cia_ray
    cia_ray Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I easily found w32,l36 in longtallsally.... think they do upto l38. but sadly they're only affordable during a sale http://de.longtallsally.com/
  • rialucia82
    rialucia82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    carachel2 wrote: »
    Kut from the Kloth are nice and long

Echo that! Unfortunately I gained back too much weight to fit into my old pair. They do have a plus size line, but it's super hard to find, and I didn't like how it fit me as much as I liked the straight-size line. Now I'm relegated to Lane Bryant. It's "meh".
  • chris5602
    chris5602 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5. Not really that tall but it's all in the legs with a short body. It's impossible to find and pants long enough. When I get extra long at the gap or New York and company I look for hems that can be let down and they are still too short with heels. I'm hoping that dropping a few pounds will help them be a bit longer...every millimetre I can get counts at this point
    Is Alloy only online? I've never tried there but I don't like anything I can't try on.
  • BudhiRooh
    BudhiRooh Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like GAP but usually the tall is too tall for me. can't find normal jeans and have to go for the long one and the long ones are really long :D
  • rialucia82
    rialucia82 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BudhiRooh wrote: »
    I like GAP but usually the tall is too tall for me. can't find normal jeans and have to go for the long one and the long ones are really long :D

I ran into that with GAP too! I thought I was going crazy.
  • stacielynn67
    stacielynn67 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :) I am 6'0" and sometimes the longs aren't long enough. I highly suggest maurices.com -- they carry Long and Extra Long jeans. They also have plus size as well. I wear their Maurices Flex jeans (in plus), they are around $40-$50 (you usually can snag them on sale for a buy one get one 50% off). They have great selection - it is the only place i get my jeans!
  • rlsmith326
    rlsmith326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 all legs, and I love cowgirl tuff jeans. usually buy the 37 inch inseam...sometimes depending on the cut/style I can get away with the 35.
  • VegFit72
    VegFit72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is an old thread but I learned a few places to search for jeans. I hate ordering though as sizing can vary so much. I hope some of the web sites have free returns :)
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Anthropologie sells Pilcro and the Letterpress jeans. They're flipping amazing, and you'll pay for it.

Their jeans in the "tall" size are perfect. I'm 5'10" and they're not a bit too short. Sometimes though the 'tall' size can be a little bigger so order down. And sign up for their emails - there are sales and free shipping ALL THE TIME (with free returns, if you don't have a shop around you).
  • Cocoa_Jean
    Cocoa_Jean Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Alloy has been a HUGE lifesaver for me.. they have inseams up to 37 inches I believe and carry SEVERAL different brands of really cute pairs in all types of sizes and lengths...
  • classychica
    classychica Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    JCrew talls...all the way....I buy the cords (they are great- tall sizes)- if you have hips or a butt like I do....get online -check the clearance section....find the tall bootcut cords...they fit just right if you have long legs, hips and butt :) I'm 6'0'... I also buy their tall jeans...ps....their pants last for years and years and years.....it's worth it...(I also typically find them on sale....I only do the sales....for sometimes $19..) check frequently...only online
  • zay31
    zay31 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Old navy