Tingle -- Electrical current

Options
At random times, I will feel an electrical current, tingling sensation where the sensor is. Anyone else?

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    No! Contact them immediately! If its an issue, they will replace it. I've had great customer service with them.
  • aeich8899
    aeich8899 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I get this occasionally I haven't contacted them about it yet. Let me know what they say.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I got my through HSN.

I am going to see if it happens again. I don't know who to contact HSN or BMF.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I just emailed them.
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i get it from time to time, I though it was just the way the band was on my arm, pressure point i though, I just moved the band around and it goes away. It was more in the beggining when I was wearing it a lot thighter than now.
  • MichelleRenee13
    Options
    I just got a reply from customer service:

Hi Michelle,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact BodyMedia Support. If you have been following the wear and cleaning guidelines for the armband as outlined in the User Manual and still experienced a reaction we recommend that you discontinue use of the armband immediately and consult a physician. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Matt
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Wow - I wonder if BMF is implying you might be a very senstive skin type or just highly electrical? I'd follow up with a question as to if the sensors could malfunction some how. When I was first using mine, I did everything right but the sunscreen still managed to get to my unit. (Imagine that - sunscreen doesn't stay in one place if you sweat. I may not wear sunscreen next summer.) They replaced it since it was within the warranty period for shipping only.
  • xcom923
    xcom923 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is a very safe standard answer for any company, afterall you don't want them to say (which is probably what they are thinking) "wow, that's weird! Maybe she's doing something wrong". Companies want to rule out user error and if there is something wrong with the band they'll take care of it but that's usually the last resort since they don't want to give you a new band and have the same issue happen. Process of elimination.