Got tats?

Options

Replies

• cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    If I was to have a moment of courage, I'd do this:

0LdeoRD.jpg

To all you lovely, brave, fantastic people, I applaud your creativity. I think tattoos are an awesome way of expressing yourself and a way to remind you of moments in your life. When my grandmother died I almost got a peach rose on my shoulder in memory of her (it was her favorite flower), but I weenied out. I think the above picture is more "me" though...

I have Russia on the back of my left shoulder. I love the idea of all the continents as well.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

0LdeoRD.jpg

To all you lovely, brave, fantastic people, I applaud your creativity. I think tattoos are an awesome way of expressing yourself and a way to remind you of moments in your life. When my grandmother died I almost got a peach rose on my shoulder in memory of her (it was her favorite flower), but I weenied out. I think the above picture is more "me" though...

I have Russia on the back of my left shoulder. I love the idea of all the continents as well.

My major in school was Geography, part of every job I've ever had has had something do with making maps. I even thought it would be cool to keep going back after visiting places and getting that piece colored in. In my wildest dreams of course!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

0LdeoRD.jpg

My major in school was Geography, part of every job I've ever had has had something do with making maps. I even thought it would be cool to keep going back after visiting places and getting that piece colored in. In my wildest dreams of course!

That would be SO COOL!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options

0LdeoRD.jpg

That would be SO COOL!

I wanted to do this too because I love to travel...it's what I live for!
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options

0LdeoRD.jpg

I actually saw that on a picture, and it was on black girls *kitten*

I have two I will try and get a picture of the second later not in a good spot for self shots.
    20130212_170108_zps8e50ea0c.jpg

is 12 yrs old
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Anyone had a finger tattoo?? I want a rose & stem on the side of my wedding finger but the guy told me it would really hurt :angry:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Anyone had a finger tattoo?? I want a rose & stem on the side of my wedding finger but the guy told me it would really hurt :angry:

I know several people with finger tattoo's. They aren't comfortable but as long as you can withstand a reasonable amount of pain you should be fine. I only hesitate with hand tattoo's because they're hard to hide - though I wanted to get a Green Lantern ring done on my middle finger.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

I know several people with finger tattoo's. They aren't comfortable but as long as you can withstand a reasonable amount of pain you should be fine. I only hesitate with hand tattoo's because they're hard to hide - though I wanted to get a Green Lantern ring done on my middle finger.

Define 'reasonable amount of pain'?? :laugh:

I can't do nipple clamps..........OMG NO WAY!! :noway:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    This is my first and I plan on getting much more, the flash made it look blotchy for some reason =(

c1216256-1657-459e-96d9-8293cd2f2471_zps95e5fa6b.jpg
    10521a28-6910-45c3-a199-056cfcbea173_zpsda5b7188.jpg

That's one of the most vibrant I've ever seen. Is it new?? The ink fades, right?
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Define 'reasonable amount of pain'?? :laugh:

I can't do nipple clamps..........OMG NO WAY!! :noway:

Hahaha, well maybe a first tattoo on a different body part could give you a pretty good example. But take an unwound paperclip and poke yourself with it a couple times to see if it's worth some body art ;)

Ink does fade, typically speaking you want to get a tat retouched every year or so if there's a lot of color, but I know I've gone about five years on mine and it's not too bad.
  • go_fast
    go_fast Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel like sharing some that they're considering or have planned?

Actually I have one of my Flag (St. Lucia) and around it I want to put my Mum, Dad, older sister and older brother's name or intials around it. They are all deceased and that's my tribute to them.

For those of you who don't know, Steampunk is amazing artistry & creativity. Look it up. There are even several Facebook sites.

Love that! I was thinking of a Russian flag (where my family is from..including me).

Ooh, maybe I could get a German flag, I hadn't considered it before... great, add that to the pile! Haha!

My BFF and I want to get matching tattoos for my favorite band, Fair To Midland. Their last album was called Arrows And Anchors and we want to get that on our legs.

I also want to get a gray fox with two fox prints on my back.

The one I want next is the lyric "Are birds of a feather that clever?" being written in fancy writing (haven't decided on font) by a quill, with the tip of the quill exploding out into an unkindness of ravens that are done with this really cool steampunk pattern I found from this amazing artist (have her permission of course). I'd like all that to be on my side/ribs

Suuuuper excited.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    But take an unwound paperclip and poke yourself with it a couple times to see if it's worth some body art ;)

Awesome! :cry:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    is 12 yrs old

You look older than that!! Not much, but maybe 10 years? :wink:
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    is 12 yrs old

You look older than that!! Not much, but maybe 10 years? :wink:

awww that is so sweet of you, really :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    image_zpsaefc6960.jpg

image_zps0722d406.jpg

Can't get my pictures to load. Boooo!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    image_zpsaefc6960.jpg

image_zps0722d406.jpg

Can't get my pictures to load. Boooo!

There ya go! the IMG needs be lowercase img
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! :smile:

BUT the first image is upside down, and the second was cut in half! :sad:

Lol... At least it gives the general idea. I have the peacock feather on both feet. :)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I like those veggie!!
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Veggie, I love the peacock on the feet! Is the dragon on the inside or outside of leg?
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    Hi there -

Thanks! :)

The dragon is on my (outside) thigh.

My reward for when I hit goal is going to be big piece incorporating part of my upper back and shoulder. Not sure what, yet, but probably butterflies. Or stars. Or a tree. Can't wait!