don't mean to be dense but

i'm really trying to hit this 40/30/30 business, or at least make sure i get the 30% protein part right.
When I look at my diary, i have 89 grams of fat, 157 carbs and 130 protein. so how come when i go to my pie chart for the day it shows 41% fat, 32% carb and 27% protein I have way more of both carbs and protein than fat today so why is it saying my percentage of fat is the highest. I swear i am a reasonably intelligent person but i am baffled. Am i missing something obvious:?

Replies

• mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Is the pie chart reporting calories of fat/carb/protein, as I think that each gram of carb or protein is 4 calories, and each gram of fat is equivalent to 9 calories.

Not sure if that is what you are seeing. Hope that helps.
  • missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    Aha. So when all y'all say 40/30/30, are you referring to the pie chart? Or is there another way to figure it?
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Go to My home/Goals/Change goals (down the bottom). Then you can set your percentages there - and add whatever else you want to track.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Those % are for calories, not grams.

% of the total daily eating goal.

As mentioned, easiest just to change the % on the website.

But manually you start with calories, then translate to grams per that 4 and 9 values mentioned.
  • missjeevious
    missjeevious Posts: 83 Member
    got it, thanks guys.