Motivation, Goals, Results!

Options
13»

Replies

• hlb99
    hlb99 Posts: 26
    Options
    Just finished day 3 of level 1! whoo! My arms are killing me!
  • dtobias87
    Options
    Hi all! I technically started the Shred in mid-January, but the flu knocked me out for a few weeks and I'm just getting back on track.

I started with the full seven days of L1 before I got the flu, and I just want to encourage everyone to push through the initial muscle soreness and pain, ESP if like me you are just starting to work out again after a few months... It hurts, but now that I've been trying L2 I can see a huge difference in my ability to push through.

This is me as well, but it wasn't the flu, it was a baby who decided not to nap any longer! Was it easier when you restarted than when you initially did? I'm wondering if I've lost any endurance I had gained.

The initial first five days of the Shred were torture, a and I was so sore I was crawling up the stairs... When I restarted, I was already conditioned past that and experienced very minor soreness the day after working out after being off for two weeks, so I imagine could be similar... It really is so effective that I'm sure it does change your body in such a short time that you can retain some of that endurance
  • megan6275
    Options
    I've tried a few times in the past, but I never make it past level one. I'm excited to try again and use this for some motivation and accountability! I'm determined to do the whole 30 days this time!
  • tcs1012
    tcs1012 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What size hand weights are recommended?
  • mooglequeen
    Options
    Just did day 3! So excited this is my first group/challenge.
  • mooglequeen
    Options
    What size hand weights are recommended?

It all depends on fitness level. I am using 5 & 3 lbs most I can do with 5 maybe heavier(don't have any yet) but some like the shoulder raises I switch to the 3lbs cause they are killer.
  • AmiciaCole
    Options
    I was far too excited to start tomorrow, so I did it about half an hour ago, and I already feel so much better!
    I'm so psyched to see the results! (:

Half way through workout on Day Two and feeling a difference, my stomach is tighter? :D
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Day 2 of level 2 in the books, woo hoo! I was really dreading level 2 but think I may like it more than level 1!
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    just did day 1 level 1 and want to cry i know i have gotten unfit had my 2nd child only 27months after my first and i have crohns which is flaring at the moment so im tired and achy but i only just got thro that 20mins it was so hard everyone else on here seems really energized for doing this regime but the thought of another 29days of this feels me with such horror im not sure im gonna have the courage to stay the course i always thought i was pretty stubborn when i start something i finish it but im hitting a wall at day one please help
  • vieve1213
    Options
    just did day 1 level 1 and want to cry i know i have gotten unfit had my 2nd child only 27months after my first and i have crohns which is flaring at the moment so im tired and achy but i only just got thro that 20mins it was so hard everyone else on here seems really energized for doing this regime but the thought of another 29days of this feels me with such horror im not sure im gonna have the courage to stay the course i always thought i was pretty stubborn when i start something i finish it but im hitting a wall at day one please help

You've got this! Starting is always the hardest, but I promise after a couple days it'll get easier!

And in 30 days you'll be really glad you didn't give up!
  • JFP77
    Options
    ty for that feel better now both the kids are asleep and i had a nice shower after
  • insane5150
    insane5150 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yayyy so excited to have joined in on this. Nothing like pushing to exceed... all the encouragement & motivation is fabulous. Let's all be in pain together while holding our head high. Great job everyone, let's get it crackin'
  • msnew40
    msnew40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First day of the workout! Whew, it was tough! Up down, up down, breathe, breathe, breathe! I MADE IT THROUGH! 29 more days to go! Gonna post a before picture so I know how far I came by day 30.
  • mirandaw82
    mirandaw82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first day! Started it a few months ago, but never finished the first part. Hopefully, I will finish this time with support. Those shoulder raises/lunges almost killed me!
  • JFP77
    Options
    well day 2 is over with early and apart from feeling a bit shaky in the arms and legs straight after (does anyone else find this?) actually feel pretty good there was no giving up and no tears so huge improvement for me in just a day altho still dreaded doing it this morning and really had to psych myself up to it lol
  • pab88
    pab88 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Made myself get up early before work and do day 2....got it done!
  • bdhu2001
    bdhu2001 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 today. I normally workout Mon-Fri. I may change to 6 days next wk. I'm doing this and Ideal Body Weight so I'm definitely keeping measurements. I'm so excited about this workout and this site.
  • AmiciaCole
    Options
    Four consecutive days.
    Only six left until level two! (: