Resting metabolic rate tested

Options
Feisty_Red
Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
Just curious if anyone has or known anyone that has had it tested before...I'm finally breaking down next week and getting mine testing.. I'm pretty sure I will NOT like the results..because it will confirm what I have been thinking anyways... I got a low one ;)

xox

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    No help from me - sorry, but tagging as I would be interested in how it turns out.
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    Oh..I will for sure let you know! :happy:
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have had a dexa scan in the past showing a bmr of about 1600 calories.
  • KBSwinger
    Options
    These tests are so expensive sometimes and I think they just play with our minds anyways. I dont need live by numbers!
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    Well this test is only 50.00. Just hope its not a waste of 50.00!
  • KBSwinger
    Options
    Well this test is only 50.00. Just hope its not a waste of 50.00!

It will give you good insight no doubt!!!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I had mine done last year. The results were kind of strange so I pretty much disregarded it but here are a couple of the threads I posted on it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/706613-anyone-have-their-rmr-tested?hl=rmr+testing#posts-10886182

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/739692-rmr-test-done-now-what?hl=rmr+testing#posts-10915024
  • Feisty_Red
    Options
    Thanks Spokez! So.it may help..or maybe not lol :)
  • KBSwinger
    Options
    Thanks Spokez! So.it may help..or maybe not lol :)

Exactly! LOL
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging so this shows up in my topics.
  • ChrisC_77
    ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have...my employer hired a fitness and nutrition team to come in once a month and screen employees that wanted it. We also have a free fitness center with everything.

Anyway, here are my results:

Age 35
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 147
    Fat % 17.1
    Fat Mass: 25.2 lbs
    Muscle Mass: 115.6 lbs
    Bone Mass: 6.2 lbs
    BMR: 6707 kJ (1603 cals)

Metabolic Age: 26.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I had a dexa scan done last year....my BMR on websites puts me at around 1640 cals....they told me my RMR was 1878 cals...and that my body fat is 27.6%. Im planning to get it redone in June, mostly just to see if my body fat % has altered at all.Im not really sure tho how knowing the RMR would assist me? Like I understand BMR and TDEE but RMR isnt part of useful calculations is it? (I could be dreadfully wrong!) Also the main reason why I like the dexa scan for BF% readings is i have a LOT of excess skin...im sure if i sent pics to sara and sidesteel they would be horrified :) LOL so for me for that alone its more accurate :)
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I had mine tested back in November and it was within 100 of the average I get from several calculators.