Cinnamon

Options
jsiricos
jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
How much do you take? Bottle says 2 tabs a day, but I see others taking 2 twice a day?

Replies

• deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    OR do you use cinnamon sticks and make tea? If so how often do you drink? How many sticks do you use a day? With each main meal?
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Better do some research. There are two types of cinimon, one works amd one doesn't.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I use cinnamon capsules with chronium (think that is spelling) I buy it at walmart and the brand name is spring valley. It is in the vitamin isle. I take mine 3 times a day, 2 capsules a each with my main meals. My doctor told me to take 3 times a day , that was when my sugar was up close to the 300 mark, I do see where it helps keep my sugar down. If I get my sugar down in the 70's and it stays ther, I will back off the cinnamon.

There is lots of researc on this subject. Some say it works, others say, it doesn't. I see where it is working for me, so I continue to take it.
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Thanks to not being able to metabolize anything synthetic, highly refined or processed, I just sprinkle some of the cooking spice cinnamon over my breakfast, and find something compatible to go with it at night. (Plain yogurt, or maybe cheese sticks). Total for either "serving" is no more than 1\2 tsp, usually around 1\4 per meal.

I, also, am seeing a reduction in numbers with use. Especially in the fasting sugar counts.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Well let the scientists do their research and half say cinnamon does nothing to lower sugar... I disagree fully. I did not take any cinnamon yesterday (Usually take 2 capsules with each main meals). Last night when I went to bed my BS was 106 (up from lower to mid 90's) and then this morning my FBS was a whopping 180 (haven't taken meds in about a week... so it isn't my meds that lowered my sugar so low that my liver did a dump).. I ate very well yesterday, tested before and after every meal and I also got my exercise in... ?????

180 OUCH... needless to say, I took 2 of my BS meds (Glyburide) and will take my cinnamon today. (is it coincidence? or was it lack of the cinnamon). I hate having this disease, it plays games with my body and mind.

I also posted this message on the other thread about "what was your FBS today"
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The couple of days I missed the evening cinnamon, my morning numbers were up by at least 10 mg/ml. I'll have a better read tomorrow, as I have only been using it for a few days now, and finding something to eat it with that didn't spike my numbers has been an interesting roller coaster.

It would be interesting to see if your numbers come back down tomorrow morning Rainey.