Bought the wife a new one!

Options
It is a Taurus TCP .380 I really didn't want Pink but the price was right it is technically used but Honestly can't find any evidence of it ever being fired.
IMG_0413Small_zpsf81f80e9.jpg

Replies

• pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    How much does one of those cost? And the ammo. I'm form the UK so don't really know these things but just curious.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    this was $260.00 "Used" they are about $350.00 new., I bought some cheap ammo yesterday for $20 for 50 rounds, godd personal protection ammo is about $30 for 20 rounds.
  • sirthickness
    Options
    I'm not too familiar with that .380. Is it similar in size to the LCP? My wife shot my LCP and didn't like it. I'm looking at buying Ruger's new LC380; same size as their LC9, but in .380.

.380 instead of 9mm because I don't want to have so many different calibers. I have .40, .380 and 38cal. I figure I don't need others. Oh, except for my .223, 30.06 and 270 rifles of course.
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    VERY similar to the LCP (almost identical) and you are right not a very comfortable gun to shoot. I bought just because it is easy to conceal.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Nice purchase, I prefered the feel of the Kel-Tec P-3AT. I carried it as a Back-up for several years and now use it as my choice when I go running or am wearing warm weather attire.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm not too familiar with that .380. Is it similar in size to the LCP? My wife shot my LCP and didn't like it. I'm looking at buying Ruger's new LC380; same size as their LC9, but in .380.

.380 instead of 9mm because I don't want to have so many different calibers. I have .40, .380 and 38cal. I figure I don't need others. Oh, except for my .223, 30.06 and 270 rifles of course.

Nothing wrong with multiple calibers other than having to buy different calibers when you buy ammo. I have .380, 9mm, .40, .45ACP, .45LC and .357 Mag in pistols. .22, .223, 7.62X39, 7.62X54R, 7mm mauser, 30-30 in rifles. .410, 16 guage, and 12 guage in shotguns.
  • sirthickness
    Options
    For me, less is more when it comes to this, only because I am not organized enough to keep up with different ammos. LOL That being said, I am still planning on a .308 in the near future.
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    right now i have 30 06, 20 gauge, and 9mm. and i also have a beretta nano on layaway.. no where near as much ammo saved up as i like. soon as this gun grabber crap is over i am going to start getting some bulk. i would like at least 1000 rounds of each. and of course get more guns at some point... debating on 40 or 45..45 is big but slow and lacks penetration. so i think i will go with 40..i dont know..i will see when i get to that point.. hate getting multiple guns needing multiple kinds of ammo..but nature of the beast though..lol....
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I also consolidated my ammo to standardize and not have all kinds of calibers. Now its just 7.62, 5.56, 22 lr, 9mm, 45 and 12 ga. Gone are the 380, 40, 38 special/357 and 30-06. The only oddball I kep was 7.62x54r because I have a dragunov I wont part with.

As for pocket guns- the SA XDs in 45 is just... wow... WAY comfy to shoot and surprisingly accurate out to about 25 feet. Get the +1 mags and it carries almost as much as a 1911. All the power of a 45 in basically an LCP package. Even my wife finds it easy to shoot.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    For me, less is more when it comes to this, only because I am not organized enough to keep up with different ammos. LOL That being said, I am still planning on a .308 in the near future.

They are just stacked in the safe with the guns. Not very hard to set ammo on a shelf.
  • trackercasey76
    Options
    debating on 40 or 45..45 is big but slow and lacks penetration. .

The lack of penetration is a plus, I only want to kill the bad guy not the bystander behind him in my opinion and as far as slow,I have never met a man faster then my .45 so it works for me. . Like the old saying says " I carry a .45 because shooting Twice is silly!"
  • sirthickness
    Options
  • sirthickness
    Options

They are just stacked in the safe with the guns. Not very hard to set ammo on a shelf.
    Tue 02/12/13 01:58 PM
    True, true.

I guess the REAL reason I prefer to keep it simple is convenience, and the fact I get .40 for free from my deptartment. I used to carry a .380 as back up. I now carry a .38 with +p as my back up. So, I just don't want to bother myself with too many calibers beyond what I already have. I thought about switching to a .45 as my duty weapon, however, I didn't jump on it fast enough and they (my dept.) closed that as an option. Oh well, I think .40 will do the job just as well
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i have seen studies that most deaths by guns are those that can penetrate and pierce organs. if the rounds slows and spreads before it hits anything major then all your doing is wounding them. not stopping them.
  • moosegt35
    Options

Tue 02/12/13 01:58 PM
    True, true.

I guess the REAL reason I prefer to keep it simple is convenience, and the fact I get .40 for free from my deptartment. I used to carry a .380 as back up. I now carry a .38 with +p as my back up. So, I just don't want to bother myself with too many calibers beyond what I already have. I thought about switching to a .45 as my duty weapon, however, I didn't jump on it fast enough and they (my dept.) closed that as an option. Oh well, I think .40 will do the job just as well

Understandable. I know other people like that, I just like having a variety of calibers and different guns. It's kind of like a hobby collecting them. I don't even shoot some of them very much.
  • moosegt35
    Options
    i have seen studies that most deaths by guns are those that can penetrate and pierce organs. if the rounds slows and spreads before it hits anything major then all your doing is wounding them. not stopping them.

Stopping someone and killing them is not always the same. A good .45 hollow point that spreads and takes someone off of their feet will certainly stop them and possibly not kill them where you can shoot a meth head full of holes with 9mm FMJ and not stop them immediately but they later bleed out and die. Shot placement is more important than caliber. I'd rather be shot in the toe with a .50 BMG than in the heart with a .22
  • trackercasey76
    Options

Stopping someone and killing them is not always the same. A good .45 hollow point that spreads and takes someone off of their feet will certainly stop them and possibly not kill them where you can shoot a meth head full of holes with 9mm FMJ and not stop them immediately but they later bleed out and die. Shot placement is more important than caliber. I'd rather be shot in the toe with a .50 BMG than in the heart with a .22

Well said!! I carry my .45 with some NASTY Hollow point hand loads that are designed to open WIDE and send all of their energy into the target and bounce around in the chest like a saw blade. But what ever gun YOU are comfortable with is the best one!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Well said!! I carry my .45 with some NASTY Hollow point hand loads that are designed to open WIDE and send all of their energy into the target and bounce around in the chest like a saw blade. But what ever gun YOU are comfortable with is the best one!

LOL
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Can someone show me proof that a .45 will "take someone off of their feet"? I've heard this a million times, but I've never seen actual proof.

And what makes hand loaded hollow points different from, say, store bought hollow points?
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Can someone show me proof that a .45 will "take someone off of their feet"? I've heard this a million times, but I've never seen actual proof.

And what makes hand loaded hollow points different from, say, store bought hollow points?

Physics =(