Newbie considering Zwow

Options
Hi! I currently do TurboFire but have a friend that was really into to bodyrock so I looked around and think I want to add some ZWOWs to my current routing but my question is where do I start? Do I just pick a workouts at random? Also TF is very cardio intense with HIIT workouts (which they advise to never do back to back) and some strength training using resistance bands. I noticed a lot of people consider Zuka's workouts to be cardio as well? I initially thought they were strength but I've only looked at a handful of them. Thoughts? Will this be too much cardio, should I start lifting weights instead of Zwow's? Anyone have good results from following her? Feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• lilred_gld
    lilred_gld Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well I started up this week with her videos. I've done a few of her exercises here and there but I'm making this a permanent thing for the next 30 days! I just jumped in and i am doing random workouts! Look around and see what exercises you like of hers and start off that way maybe. Good luck and enjoy :)
  • cherrysevenfold
    cherrysevenfold Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    She has all different kinds of workouts, so some are more cardio intensive than others. There are a few that feature more weightlifting moves, and some that include stretching with the strength exercises. I just jump around from workout to workout depending on where I want to focus on that day, there's no order to them at all.

If you go here: http://litealloy.com/workouts/tags you can see a list of all of her workouts ever made, even when she was back at BR, and it lists what the focus is and if there are any equipment requirements, I use that to select workouts more easily, it's an awesome resource.

Basically, jump in anywhere, and just listen to your body - it will tell you if something is too much or not. :)
  • lischali
    lischali Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, i'm a total newbie in all the workout stuff. 2 years ago i had a really active lifestyle (handball, basketball, running) and because of this never troubles concerning weight or health. But now after 2 years of studying and doing NOTHING. I really have to change and i found zuzka's workouts on youtube and this page as well. So I'm happy that this group exist!
    I read that she started a beginner workout section in her Zgym, but am not sure if i should join, but the zwow's i saw so far looked REALLY ADVANCED I started doubting i can do this. Does she have some free beginner modifications or could someone tell me some easier ways i could start with?
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    She doesn't have any free "beginner" workouts, but she does give a lot of ways to modify the workouts. Like doing the push ups on your knees or not going so far down, or slowing the moves down to do the exercises at the best level for YOU. I had NEVER done any kind of strength before and I am now into week 6 if her Zcut Cardio. I started off slow but now I can sometimes beat her time. I have gone from half push-ups on my knees to full ones, and I am constantly beating my own time on previous workouts.
    I hadn't done ANY exercise for almost two years and think if I can do it, anyone can.