Having to stop classes

Options
preslyann50
preslyann50 Posts: 114 Member
I'm a little sad I have to stop classes right now :( We are in a tight place right now so I had to cut my pole class. But my DH was ok with me getting a DVD and I've had some recommendations so I'm excited about that. Anyone else just do the dvd's and not class?

Replies

• bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I had to quit taking my classes too, and I really miss it. Let me know if you find a good dvd, bumping for others input....
  • Stodrick
    Options
    I had to stop too for the same reason.... I hate it! Yoga and pilates are definitely helping me keep my muscle tone, but I miss pole, especially since I don't have one at home. Hopefully we'll all be able to get back soon.
  • IronKitty
    IronKitty Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Not strictly pole dancing, but I just got Alethea Austin's Pure Splits, I thought it was going to be just stretching, but man thats a WORKOUT!!!! For about 1/2 the video she uses the pole in some way too. Also I do take classes (2-3 a week) but I found it really helpful to find youtube videos of routines I like and copy them as much I can, substituting what I can't do with similar moves. Its a great way to learn flow and build up stamina and strength.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I have pocket pole on my phone £2.99 not as good as an instruction video but great for remembering the moves i know and figuring them out.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Ive never taken classes. I bought a pole for at home and have always used dvds and youtube videos. I like Jamilla Deville's dvd set, and theres a youtube user named emotioncatcher who has pretty good videos explaining how to do tricks.