Gearing up for "Adventure"

Options
phylsyl
phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
Hi. Today is my first day on MFP. I managed to stay within my recommended calories and even walked a mile. I have a wonderful 7 year old grandson, Ashur, who lives across the country in NYC (I'm in LA,CA):cry: The highlight of my year is the annual "Nana & Ashur adventure." This year, we'll start in Lake Tahoe and drive down to Yosemite for 5 days. Last time I was there was 10 years and 50 lbs ago. I have a good incentive to build stamina and need all the support I can get!

Replies

• Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and especially the 60 Years Old and Over Group! You will find lots if information and a ton of support. All that is required is your involvement.

What wonderful memories you are making with Ashur _:heart:_ that he'll remember forever. My Grands are now almost 19 and 15 and start conversations with, "Do you remember when we did this or that or when here and there." Enjoy every minute with Ashur as time passes so quickly. _:ohwell:_ You-Go-Granny...and take Ashur along with you!!

You are welcome to add me to your friend's list if you plan on daily log-in, tracking, and opening your food diary to friends.

Again, welcome to the first day towards a healthier, and lighter, you! _:happy:_
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hi. Today is my first day on MFP. I managed to stay within my recommended calories and even walked a mile. I have a wonderful 7 year old grandson, Ashur, who lives across the country in NYC (I'm in LA,CA):cry: The highlight of my year is the annual "Nana & Ashur adventure." This year, we'll start in Lake Tahoe and drive down to Yosemite for 5 days. Last time I was there was 10 years and 50 lbs ago. I have a good incentive to build stamina and need all the support I can get!

I am from Long beach Californis until 4 years ago when I moved to Nevada. Add me as a friend if you like. I am here every day for support!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

I am from Long beach Californis until 4 years ago when I moved to Nevada. Add me as a friend if you like. I am here every day for support!

I am actually 45 minutes from Lake Tahoe!!!