How do you track your 5X5 on MFP?

Options
kyedo
kyedo Posts: 83 Member
I am trying to figure out a way to get a calorie number for my 5X5 activities.
What is the best way to include these activities?

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I just use strength training under cardio portion
  • kyedo
    kyedo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks RD; i did not know that was an option.
    Never occurred for me to log it in the Cardio section, since there is a Strength section
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Yea it's a little wonky
  • arikag
    arikag Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I use either "strength training" under cardio, or circuit training, depending on how intense of a lift day it was. If it was an intense day and I feel like I sweated a lot, I'll log a 1 hour lifting workout as 30 mins strength training 30 mins circuit training.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I also log it under cardio, but I use my heart rate monitor to calculate the cals. I run on a treadmill to get the old heart rate up. Then pound out the weights. 60 min usually comes in at 450-550 cals.
  • winf
    winf Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You cant track weight lifting w/ a standard heart rate monitor. You get your heart rate up during short bursts of intense exercise and then the heart rate monitor will count your rest periods between sets as exercise. Most heart rate monitors only track steady state cardio. There are models that have modes for weightlifting, but results and accuracy widely vary. YMMV. No calorie counter accounts for EPOC ("afterburn") either. Just lift your *kitten* off and if you still need to loose weight hit the cardio on top of lifting.