Lunch ideas

Options
Does anyone have any good lunch ideas?

Replies

• JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a microwave at work, you could take bagged frozen veggie mixes, measuring out 2 cups, into a microwavable container and take it to work. I've been doing that microwaving the veggies when I want to eat them and then sprinkling McCormick's Perfect Pinch Spice mix on them. It's a nice change from salads.

Also McCormick's Perfect Pinch Spice Mix are sold in the spices section of the supermarket, It's salt and MSG free and it comes in several varieties. I like the Garlic and Herb mix.
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My lunches are very limited due to not having a microwave at work. I have been buying the starkist tuna in the pouch. I add some Franks hot sauce and eat on saltines.
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I usually cook something yummy on the weekend and divide into Tupperware to grab and take to work. This week I made zucchini tots and baked mac and cheese - both from Skinnytaste.com.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    you could do a wrap using flat out wraps, load it with veggies, turkey breast , or even spread on some laughing cow wedges, I bring things like grapes, sugar free jello, apple wedgies, and cherub tomatoes to eat along with it. If I want something warm I will bring smartones (I like the chicken sliders and cheesburger sliders) or soup light soup. I usually try to cook on Sundays so I can take leftovers for Monday
  • thesoup11
    thesoup11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi i like your ideas this is a nice group to get ideas
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your calorie intake is but my lunches are something like this:

Salad (leaf lettuce, chopped carrots, celery, radish, 7g shredded cheese, tortilla strips and low fat dressing)
    Left over dinner from the night befor OR turkey or ham sandwich with lettuce and cheese
    Fruit (usually strawberries or grapes)
  • taylan14
    taylan14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is not so much a lunch idea - but an anytime idea. Hubby and I made "frito pie" with extra thin (seasoned and baked until crisp) cut up corn torilla strips for fritos, wolf brand turkey chili and low fat cheese. Yummy! We may do some chili cheese fries tonight with ore ida seasoned fries (baked). This wouldn't be an everyday thing - but fills the need when you need something like this! Topping the frito pie with lettuce and tomatoes makes it a taco salad of sorts.
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Today I ate a nacho. I had little containers of salsa, lowfat sour cream, lowfat cheese wiz and some tortilla chips that I made. I made the chips by cutting triangles in a tortilla than baking it at 400F for about 8 minutes. No salt added on the chips, and very crunchy!!
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast foods, so if you're like me you might want them for lunch too!

Take a slice of bacon (center cut if you want the leanest type) and pop it in the microwave for a minute to a minute and a half. Take an egg and crack it in a big microwaveable cup. Add add sprinkle of cheese (like 1 tbs), a splash of milk (maybe 1/2 tbsp), a pinch of pepper, and cut up the bacon and mix with a fork. Pop that in the microwave for maybe 45 sec to a minute and voila you have a perfect egg patty. Throw it on top of a bagel thin or the Orowheat thins and you have a perfect breakfast or lunch or snack for just under 200 cals.

j6rkw3.jpg
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast foods, so if you're like me you might want them for lunch too!

Take a slice of bacon (center cut if you want the leanest type) and pop it in the microwave for a minute to a minute and a half. Take an egg and crack it in a big microwaveable cup. Add add sprinkle of cheese (like 1 tbs), a splash of milk (maybe 1/2 tbsp), a pinch of pepper, and cut up the bacon and mix with a fork. Pop that in the microwave for maybe 45 sec to a minute and voila you have a perfect egg patty. Throw it on top of a bagel thin or the Orowheat thins and you have a perfect breakfast or lunch or snack for just under 200 cals.

j6rkw3.jpg

Thank you for this recipe, I made it this morning with ham instead of bacon!!