Atheists against Ignorance

Options
Hey guys, I made a facebook page called Atheists against Ignorance today because I got so mad about this video where they are banning gays from prom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V2TXptUv3c

so you should watch this video, get mad, and like my page if you want hahah

and talk about what you think of this, cause I can't believe this is real.

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I'll watch the video when I get home.
  • Kennkaru
    Kennkaru Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks for speaking out. The biggest thing holding us back right now is fear.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Take comfort in the knowledge that religion is dying off. http://www.pewforum.org/unaffiliated/nones-on-the-rise.aspx

The leader of the catholic cult just quit, and 1 in 5 Americans identify as "none" for their religion. When you break it down by age, the numbers are even more promising. Europeans tend to be even less religious, because they have had a few more centuries of that garbage crammed down their throats.

"One important factor behind the growth of the religiously unaffiliated is generational replacement, the gradual supplanting of older generations by newer ones. Among the youngest Millennials (those ages 18-22, who were minors in 2007 and thus not eligible to be interviewed in Pew Research Center surveys conducted that year), fully one-third (34%) are religiously unaffiliated, compared with about one-in-ten members of the Silent Generation (9%) and one-in-twenty members of the World War II-era Greatest Generation (5%). Older Millennials (ages 23-30) also are substantially less likely than prior generations to be religiously affiliated."

Those gay kids, and all of their friends, will grow up with the memory of religion trying to deny them one of their traditional rites of passage. They will remember that religion suppressed them. And they will try, as most parents do, to give their kids better memories. Memories without all the ignorance and hatred of religion.