Keep Up The Good Work!

Options
Hi Everyone,

We are on Day 43 in 2013! By now, many of you have adjusted to this "new", HEALTHIER lifestyle! Don't lose momentum now! Logging what you eat goes a long way towards reaching your fitness goals, so don't forget to track. If you haven't started working towards your goals yet, it's not too late. Join us on the journey...we're here to encourage each other!

Keep Moving!!!
Felicia :smile:

Replies

• astriker79
    Options
    A GM taught me once- what gets measured GETS done....

You can't just track but what I have learned, it helps you plan. The app allows you to add a recipe should you make something often (salad with chicken, smoothie, etc). You would be surprised when you are debating going to Taco Bell and realize that burrito is 550 calories (and your limit is how much). You can either workout more, or reduce intake.

Also, don't skimp too low on your meals though, it can cause your metabolism to slow. We are all different but that is very helpful. Juice can make your blood sugar spike, Arden Gardens has some great juice and is locally made.

Thanks Felicia!!
  • feliciabeckford
    feliciabeckford Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Douglas is absolutely right! Make sure you are eating enough...starving yourself will definitely slow down your metabolism and cause you to hold on to calories, instead of burning them. Be sure to take in at least 1200 per day!

Thanks Douglas...
  • sbenshoff
    sbenshoff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll...any ideas on snacks that "crunch"? I eat about every two hours and get bored with the same foods. Things I snack on already: hard boiled egg, fruits, yogurt,....I need a "crunch" versus a drink.
  • feliciabeckford
    feliciabeckford Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Susan!

Welcome to the group! I love Kashi Granola Bars...my absolute favorite is the Pumpkin Spice Flax. Try it and let us know what you think! Crunch on my friend! :smile: