Rest days

Options
ziggyc
ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
Here's my 2 cents. I haven't seen anything where Jillian Michaels says we should do this for 30 days in a row with no rest days. I did find a link to a video of her several months ago where she was asked about it. She recommended 2 days on and one day off. So don't kill yourselves and don't injure yourselves. Take rest days. You'll know when you need them. I'm planning on doing this workout 4 days a week. So to get in 30 workouts, it'll take me 7 1/2 weeks.

Courtney

Replies

• coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good advice. But I am going to try to go 30 days str8 with no rest because it's only 20 mins, so I figure it can't be too bad. Also all the time I spent sitting on my *kitten* it's so worth it!
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if it was supposed to be 30 straight days. I was going to try to do it that way but my body was soooo tired. I have taken 2 days off but ran one of them. I am going to get back with it today!
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's a little frustrating that she doesn't make it clear in the video. I guess it's part of the marketing. I just don't want people to feel more pressure than they're already feeling.
  • cgrooms676
    cgrooms676 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tip, I don't feel so bad for taking that rest day now! :)
  • steelerjo
    Options
    Man this makes me feel better!! I can totally do the workout during the week while the kids are at school, but the weekends are rough because we're running around so much. Looks like Saturday and Sunday will be my "off" days :smile:
  • sraghavan89
    sraghavan89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just made a plan where I do 5 days of each level, then take 1 rest day. I have only done the first day though, so we'll see how it goes! I am so incredibly sore-- sitting down in a controlled manner is killing me. I have to do the old 'hover and plop' routine, I'm sure you guys all know what that's like.

But anyway, I'm also planning on supplementing this with 2-3 days of cardio a week. I also found that although my thighs/glutes are incredibly sore, my abs and arms are not as challenged as I would like them to be. I'm thinking about supplementing it with additional workouts for these areas a couple of times a week. Do you think this is a bad idea? Do Level 2 and 3 emphasize abs/arms more? I feel like L1 is all glutes/thighs! Which I'm not complaining about at all, since I need to work on that too.
  • lorealbies
    lorealbies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok, I did it one week with out rest and my right knee was really sore. Take a day off you need it.