Reading Apprentice Adept series

Options
DrJanet98
DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
I discovered my local library has a new source for eBooks, and among the new ones was "Split Infinity" by Piers Anthony. I had read this series many, many years ago when it first came out, and I'm really enjoying re-reading it now. Anyone else remember this? It's split between two versions of the world, Photon in which technology rules, and Phaze in which magic is the operant system. The main character passes between the two worlds. Ring a bell for anyone? :-)

Replies

• laydeneko
    laydeneko Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've read his Xanth & Mode series, but not this one. I'll have to give it a try next time I head to the library/bookstore. Thanks for the rec.
  • kelp99
    kelp99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I read this series in Highschool when I found book 2 - The Blue Adept. I then had to locate the rest of them. I really like the original trilogy, but I couldn't really get into the ones he wrote to continue the story. I liked the idea behind the story with the curtain and the juxtaposition of the sci-fi world and the fantasy world. I recently started re-reading the Xanth books, but when I'm done with those I plan to re-read the Adept series and give the other set a chance.
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm sort of in the same boat. I know I read and loved the original trilogy, but I don't remember if I ever got through the newer ones. Likewise with the Incarnations of Immortality, which was a later variant on mixing fantasy and science fiction in the same series. I read the original series, but never got around to the later additions, especially not the most recent one, which I just found out about.

I always figured part of why he wrote those two series was as a reply to everyone who insists there's a bright-line difference between fantasy and sci-fi. ;-)