Help! I just started week 3... need some advice!

Options
Firstly, Hi, I'm new here (to this group). Secondly, I just started week three of JMBR and while I loved the first two weeks, I have found myself very discouraged with this new week/workout. I have been diagnosed with scapular winging (a rare and sucky thing) and I have not been cleared for any shoulder workout which really limits what I can do (not to mention, I litterally CAN'T do it, I can't move my arm higher than mid chest). I can't do push ups or planks and week three workout one has TONS of stuff that puts pressure on my shoulder, therefore, I can't do it. I have finally gotten the right mental/mind set and my physical limitations are preventing me from working as hard as I want to. And, I'm guessing, this program just continues to build and build. Any sugestions for what I can do to replace these certain moves? And, on top of everything, I have been eating right and doing the exercises daily and I haven't lost a single pound! I have noticed my arms slightly slimmer and I can squeeze back into my jeans, but no noticable changes. Has anybody else had these results? Okay, I know that's alot... and... go!

Replies

• skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but phases 2 and 3 are very plank and push up based. Is there any treatment for your condition? You might need to find a different type of program. Take a peek at workouts 7 and 9 and you'll see what I mean. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have some shoulder issues as well and am in week 4. Weeks 3 and 4 are heavy shoulder concentrations. I've had some pain after week 3 but seem to be settling into it. I also modify some moves that I feel may compromise my shoulder. Do what you can and just keep moving on the exercises you can't do.