What are you doing for Valentine's Day?

Options
I'm sure I will be over my calorie goals on Thursday and Friday. Valentine's Day is going to require some indulgence but the main event is Friday, which is our 5-year anniversary and we're going out to a 9-course fancy dinner. Not sure how I'll possibly track things like wild fennel dust. House Cured Wild Boar Prosciutto. and, Gleaned Kumquat White Chocolate Pudding. I'm not even sure what some of the things on the menu are!

What's everyone else's approach to Valentine's Day?

Replies

• Elaykins
    Options
    I don't have specific plans, not having grown up in the US I find valentine's day to be a little suspect... we therefore tend to not do much of anything and stay home to avoid the crowds. Of course anniversary is different, and the 9 course dinner sounds lovely! You should just enjoy the dinner and worry about tracking imo.
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Wow! That sounds amazing, otherworldlyglow. I'm with Elaykins. Track or don't track, but don't worry too much. Just savour.

I think I'll probably cook us something from skinnytaste.com and eat an allotted number of dark chocolate squares. Maybe a glass of wine. We're not big on going out for V-day, it doesn't rate as 'paying a babysitter-worthy' in our books.
  • Gir000
    Gir000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    We had our VDay dinner a few weeks ago since husband is out of the country right now. I didn't track because OMG I don't even want to think about the effects of a 5 course meal. I just ate healthy foods the rest of the week and hoped for the best.

My actual VDay plans are to hang out with my mom. Yup. Exciting. :)
  • kerchoo
    Options
    Due to last weekend's snowstorm, the kids' school moved the final performance of the 4-5th grade musical to....this Thursday. So my Valentine's Day plan includes bringing a sandwich to eat in the auditorium beforehand while trying to resist the pizza we'll have to feed the performer.

Sigh.