What do you think....

Options
I am 5'8', 47, 220, female. I do C25K 3 times a week and JM Shred every day usually. I have been eating 1500 calories and eating back my exercise calories.

I went to the site recommended and input the above info. My BMR is 1704, my TDEE 2642 and my calories based on -15% 2246.

So does it mean that I should eat 2246 calories per day? And no need to eat back exercise cals because they are included?

Can I enter this as my net calories...is that correct? and not add my exercise?

thx so much,

Trying to get it figured out even tho I am scared about eating more.

Replies

• Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Correct. You would set your tracker for 2250(make things nice and even:)) and you would not enter in exercise cals. You can still track your workouts, but enter the cals burned as 1 so it doesnt mess with your number or your macros.
    Set your macros to 40% carb 30% fat 30% protein as well.

It is scary to eat more:) but it does get easier. I started around 1400 a year ago, and it took me about 4 weeks to get up to my TDEE (I did a reset) of 2800, and now I comfortably eat 2500. I cant imagine eating 1400 ever again:)
  • gettingfit65
    gettingfit65 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!!!
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You are correct you do not eat back your exercise calories. It is included in your TDEE deficit. You can enter them as 1 calories burned if you would like to keep track of them or use a exercise journal. I would maybe suggest increasing your calories up to your TDEE-deficit slowly like maybe 100-200 extra calories a day once aweek until you reach 2246, just a suggestion tho :)

Good luck

Feel free to add me or pm any questions you have
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    You are correct you do not eat back your exercise calories. It is included in your TDEE deficit. You can enter them as 1 calories burned if you would like to keep track of them or use a exercise journal. I would maybe suggest increasing your calories up to your TDEE-deficit slowly like maybe 100-200 extra calories a day once aweek until you reach 2246, just a suggestion tho :)

Good luck

Thank you so much!!! I appreciate your feedback...
  • marinesweetheart
    marinesweetheart Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't mean to go off topic, but how does one do a reset? I'm new to this and I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Thank you.
  • gettingfit65
    Options
    Hi, I don't mean to go off topic, but how does one do a reset? I'm new to this and I want to make sure I'm doing this right. Thank you.

Sorry, not sure, maybe post and ask....lots of helpful people in this group. Good luck.
  • Gapwedge01
    Options

A good place to start is read all of the stickies at the top of page 1 here.
  • Gapwedge01
    Options

Good luck

Agree ^^^^ this will hopefully minimize the temporary water retention (expect some weight gain so stay away from the scales if that makes you nervous) you can expect.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Resetting means to eat at TDEE for a period of 6-8 weeks (or more). It is highly recommended for anyone who has come from a very low cal diet background, diet program, diet anything:)... It is giving your metabolism a chance to heal itself and learn how much food it really needs in order to run properly. For a lot of people, it can be extremely hard to do, (myself included) and for others they embrace the chance to eat again and learn how to do things "right" this time. :)
  • marinesweetheart
    marinesweetheart Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Resetting means to eat at TDEE for a period of 6-8 weeks (or more). It is highly recommended for anyone who has come from a very low cal diet background, diet program, diet anything:)... It is giving your metabolism a chance to heal itself and learn how much food it really needs in order to run properly. For a lot of people, it can be extremely hard to do, (myself included) and for others they embrace the chance to eat again and learn how to do things "right" this time. :)

Thank you so much for answering. Yeah, I'm kind of shocked looking at the amount of calories I can eat at TDEE but I'm going to trust this. I'm excited.