Going Insane Part 7 - ... a quote from Elton John

Options
BigDougie1211
BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
So, I'm coming to the end of month 2, week 2.

It's been interesting. I half expected the workouts to be super-hero level training drills.
During my first warm up, when I was doing hit the floor ( an exercise in Month 1 - part of month 2's warm up ) I was genuinely worried.
As it turns out though, Month 1 has prepared me very well and I don't think finishing will be a problem.
In fact, I'm starting to think about how to continue my training at the end of Insanity. I'll be moving on to " The Asylum " - but then what?
My main problem, though, is the extended duration. An extra 15 minutes shouldn't be hard to fit into my schedule, but for some reason, it's proving awkward

The sessions are definitely tougher, the intensity level is the same but the work-outs are substantially longer and there are a lot more " combination " moves. 4 each of Ski Abs / Push Up Jacks / In Out Abs / Oblique Push Ups - that's 1, now repeat. Fun times to be had there.

Over-all month 2 is nothing to be scared of, but the truth is it's nothing to get too excited about either. It's an extended slightly tougher version of month 1. If you're enjoying the circuits anyway ( like me ) you'll continue on in the same vein, work hard and see results. If you were getting bored and hoping for Earth shattering changes to the routine and a whole new novelty factor - you'll be disappointed.

Personally, I'm still relishing the challenge. The work-outs are something I couldn't have done last month. The progress is obvious and the benfits are there for all to see.
Plus... there's a session with no Tania - (no doubt she's off returning the One Ring to Mordor or something but because she's super fit they only had to give her one day off from filming ) - I'll let you decide whether or not that's a good thing.

Anyway, we're nearly there folks.
My legs hurt, my back hurts and to be honest at times my gut hurts - but as the titular bespectacled diva once sang
" I'm still standing "

Replies

• chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    LOL.

I actually had to set my alarm to get up earlier this week and start exercising earlier just to fit the longer ones in and have enough time to get ready for work. I also did this week's fit test on my rest day Sunday. Its the only way its going to work for me cause I wont even try to fool myself anymore and say I will do it when I get home from work because I know full well I wont do it. There is something about morning exercising that I cant seem to replicate in the afternoon/ evenings. Now if I can only get myself to bed at a decent hour so I get enough rest to tackle what Shaun T throws at me.