Vegetarian clean eating meal ideas?

Options
I'm starting the clean eating concept today and would love some ideas for clean vegetarian-friendly meals

Replies

• katnord
    katnord Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Someone in another thread, posted this website: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/
    I think you'll find lots of great ideas there, I especially love that they have shopping lists.
  • ericaavin
    Options
    Tosca Reno also has a great Clean Eating Vegetarian Cookbook - I was able to take it out of the library to check it out and loved it so much I bought it.
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    www.fatfreevegan.com is my go-to. I'm not necessarily vegan, but eat a lot of vegan food. My two favorites so far are the "Spaghetti Squash with roasted brussel sprouts and chick peas" and the "Skillet Gardeners Pie". Also made cauliflower crust pizza the other night and it was to die for!
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My favorite site for clean eating recipes is Clean Eating Mag. They have a lot of vegetarian recipes and great pictures of what you'll end up with. Almost all of their stuff is easy to make and never calls for ingredients that are hard to get. All recipes have little hearts after them to show how folks are rating them.

http://cleaneatingmag.com/Recipes/Vegetarian.aspx
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Someone in another thread, posted this website: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/
    I think you'll find lots of great ideas there, I especially love that they have shopping lists.

This website is the BEST!! Her recipes are sooo yummy even my four year old and husband eat them. I also love to make soups! Cabbage, onion, broccoli, spinach the options are endless you can add any veggies you like. I normally top it with some fresh chives and a tbsp of organic sour cream yum yum I never knew soups where filling until I started eating clean lol
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My favorite meal is roasted veggies and garlic with a serving of goat cheese.

I usually always include bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, yams, onion. Cut up the veggies and toss them in 1-1.5 tbsp of coconut oil.

You can add a side of beans, and some rice if you're looking for something more complete.
  • JDubbs339
    JDubbs339 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Succotash! :)
  • dzuli823
    dzuli823 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like fried rice or lo mein. I always make extra spaghetti and rice when I'm having it for another meal. It always works way better if the noodles/rice are made the day before and cold. Then you can add whatever veggies you need to finish up, or frozen veggies. Then whatever flavors strike you....ginger, garlic, hot sauce, tamari or soy, mirin, rice wine vinegar, honey....not all togther of course, but anything really. Tofu, scramble an egg in it... For noodles I add peanut butter..my favorite!!

You could look up specific recipes on this, of course.

Also, I make pesto. Super easy and delicious.

Then there's curry dishes too. I tend to pair curry with chickpeas.
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Curried Butternut & Kale

I'm sure there's probably a recipe out there on the web for this if you look. In this case, I was fooling around in the kitchen and came up with a meal I'll definitely make again. It's quick and easy. There are no real measurements, sorry. I was winging it.

Peel and cube a butternut squash and throw in a large pan with 3T or so of hot olive oil.
    Let it cook until you can smell the squash then turn it down to a simmer. Dump a glass of water in and put a lid on it to steam the squash until tender.
    Throw some shopped kale on top and put the lid on again. Let kale get to about 60% cooked then lightly sprinkle some curry powder over it all and maybe a little salt.

*Letting the squash cook in the olive oil for awhile infuses the oil with the buttery flavor of the squash. Don't skip that step*