What can be done for sore muscles?

Options
Shaylj
Shaylj Posts: 16 Member
Hi everyone! I just finished day 3 of the 30DS and my muscles are killing me! I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to help my poor muscles. Hot baths / showers? I heard that eating bananas help because of the potassium. Does anyone want to share their suggestions or tips?

Replies

• jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Three words. Epsom. Salt. Bath.

Mentally imagining myself sinking into one now...
  • mabucher
    Options
    My sister is a physical therapist in sports medicine. She recommends doing foam roller exercises everyday.
    You can order a 36" foam roller on Amazon for about $20.
    Here are some foam roller exercises you can do to relieve sore muscles:
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Foam-Roller-Exercises-7523990
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My thighs hurt....feels like the muscles have been shredded! I have iced and I had taken advil. I still hurt....so I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion. I have stretched too so I might just need to rest for a few days. :(
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    This may sound crazy to most, but I get rid of sore muscles by continuing to work out till my muscles adapt and stop feeling sore.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    This may sound crazy to most, but I get rid of sore muscles by continuing to work out till my muscles adapt and stop feeling sore.

It does sound crazy, but it actually isn't too off. I did day 5 today of the 30 day shred, and it was the 5th day in a row. Honestly, I'm less sore than I was after day 2.

That being said, tomorrow's a rest day :bigsmile:
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Get a Massage may be :bigsmile: