Hi!

This group looks like a good fit for me. I am 5,2 and 108 lbs. I joined mfp with a goal of losing about 6lbs(3 kilos) and just toning up! I look ok in clothes but I have the usual muffin top and love handles, almost happened overnight as soon as I hit 30 a couple of months ago lol! The first 3 lbs dropped off very easily in the first week. I was exercising every day (elliptical and some strength) and keeping under calorie. The next week we went on holiday for 6 days and tried to be good(but went over calorie 2-3 times) and no exercise and I was happy to see that I didn't gain any weight. When we got back I continued being under calorie, and stepped up my exercising(joined the gym) and I gained one pound. Doesn't make any sense! Makes me want to give up and just eat what I want if the difference is only a couple of pounds! On the positive side I am eating a lot healthier(was hardly eating any fruit before!) and feeling a lot more energetic. Also is it a good idea to have a cheat/rest day every once a week or so to kick start your metabolism?

Anyone been in the same boat?