I'm new to group and Diabetes

Options
Hoping to glean information to keep numbers in check. The Doctor sent me to MFP to loose weight and watch diet. I'm 63 yrs old 4'11" 210 lbs. I have monitor but haven't figured out how to use it yet so I'm kinda flying blind I have gone to a class for diet control and general information. I take Methformin 1 time a day Looking forward to disscussions

Replies

• bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Hi VickiDiane, Welcome and happy you joined us. Diagnosed in 86, I remember what it's like to be in your shoes starting out.
    There are many members here, eager to help, and make you feel right at home here. You've made a great start by introducing yourself and your very cute doggy too!

Here's a good link to get you started.

http://www.bloodsugar101.com/

If you have any questions, ask away.

Good luck!

Bob
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicki and welcome... This is a great site for info and answers.. and the web site mentioned above is a good source for info http://www.bloodsugar101.com/ Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I too have type 2 diabetes and work daily to get my numbers down to around 70.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Vicki. Lots of good information and good people here.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hello from another new member of the group...I just joined the group yesterday.
  • crazysquaw51
    Options
    I just got diag this month also, and the class totally confused me more, so we're all in this together learning, i got my bp down but ca't get the sugar yet, learning by trial and error. lots of great people on here. welcome:flowerforyou:
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicky and welcome to this group. Take your time to read over the various boards for the group and especially those providing resource sources. When you've got a feel for the site and you're ready to ask questions you will find lots of support and encourgaement here. I wish you well on your journey.
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome, VickiDiane. I just joined MFP the first of the year, and it has been a great help to me. This was one of the first groups I joined.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    For all the newbies here, if you want to add me as a friend. feel free to do so. I log daily and also have an open food diary.