TRAPS AND FOREARMS

GlennRG
GlennRG Posts: 3 Member
i HAVE ONLY BEEN LIFTING REGULARLY FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS NOW. MY QUESTION IS ABOUT FOREARMS AND TRAPS. HOW MANY DAYS CAN OR SHOULD YOU TRAIN TRAPS AND FOREARMS SAFELY PER WEEK? I WANT TO MAKE THEM GROW BUT I DO NOT WANT TO OVER TRAIN THEM. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE. THANKS.

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    If you have only been lifting for 3 months? I wouldn't worry about direct trap and forearm work right now. I would work on compound lifts and proper form. Doing compounds you will hit them indirectly yet effectively.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    If you've been training for 3 months, get on a full body split instead of worrying about isolating forearms and traps.

a 5x5 program will build everything. My traps got a lot bigger when I started pulling heavy deads for reps.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    + 1 for bigger traps from deadlifts. probably my best parts are trap and lats. and i've never done any kind of isolation work ever. though i think I need some direct work for my biceps now...but ive been training for a lot longer than 3 months. ;)
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    I train traps with shoulders about twice a week. Forearms get a lot of work when u curl and when u do exercises that require a tight grip. Maybe once a week one exercise. But I never isolate them.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    I train calves and forearms 3 times a week. Traps twice a week a long with every other muscle group.
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    I only train traps once a week, but I like to do drop sets (or burn sets) with them. For me, when those traps are exhausted it can affect some of my other work later in the week - which is why I only train them once. I don't train forearms on a regular basis. I find that they get exhausted on my back/bicep day, but if you have time to incorporate farmers walk sets - I've heard those are pretty effective.