How heavy are the weights your using?

Options
Hi Guys.... Just wondering what size weights people are using. I have just completed day 4 of level 1 and I have been using 3lb weights. My quads have been screaming for the last 3 days although I can feel myself coming out of the other side but I have tbh I have had no ache in my arms so I am wondering if the weights I am using are to light. Ur input would be greatly appreciated... Thanks ... Nicola

Replies

• jsray0210
    Options
    I also use three pounds and I have the exact opposite results, except when doing the bicep curls, my arms/shoulders are on fire. As long as I am doing the leg work correctly I feel a good burn.
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've been using 2.5-5 LB weights.. I have speed weights though so the little things to increase them only move in 2.5 lb increments.. but most of the time 2.5 lb kicks my butt
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    Options
    I also use three pounds and I have the exact opposite results, except when doing the bicep curls, my arms/shoulders are on fire. As long as I am doing the leg work correctly I feel a good burn.

^^ Same for me
  • Hayaa79
    Hayaa79 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I use 5.5Lbs which is higher for me but try my hardest to cope cz i need a damn good workout :angry:
  • hmomomo
    hmomomo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use 1.5kg weights, and level 2 is kicking my *kitten*!!
  • theMIDDLE
    Options
    Im using 3 lb and the only time I find myself thinking its too light is during chest flys.
  • Shaylj
    Shaylj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm switching back and forth between 2.5 lb weights and 5 lb weights. I use the lighter ones for any exercises involving lunges! And the heavier ones for chest flies and back.
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 of level one tommorro and I have used 5 lb weights the whole time because my kids lost my other 2.5 weight!! ugh! It is tough with those side lunges!
  • DanielleML22
    Options
    I'm only on level 1 and I've been using 5 lb. weights because I don't have 3 lb. weights and didn't bother to go buy any. I'm used to them now, but the first few days sucked. I'm not sure if I want to continue to use them for level 2 or just go buy some 3 lbs.
  • kellegg22
    kellegg22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I used 2lb weights and half way through level 1 and swtiched to 5lb weights. Level 2 I am using 5lb weights for the most part until my arms or shoulders start hurting too much and then I use my 2lb weights just to keep my body going.
  • GC2B
    GC2B Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Currently using 2lb weights, went I get some more I will up them though as I feel I can do a little more at this stage