Week 4 here I come!

Options
I made it through week 3 today. I was very tired, but I didn't stop.

I started this journey January 1st (walking and watching what I ate). I added C25K about a month ago. It took 3 tries to get through the second day. But I haven't had to repeat any days since then (yet).

I started at 306, and I'm currently at 289. I never thought I could run. Especially at my size. I don't know if I will ever be someone who loves to run. For now, my goal is to complete the C25K and run my first 5K in May. After that, I'll decide if I want to continue.

I saw a quote on Facebook the other:
If you hear a voice within you saying, "You can't paint", then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

I've mofified it say:
If you hear a voice within you saying, "You can't run", then by all means run, and that voice will be silenced.

Replies

• wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    Grats on starting and sticking with it. Go slow, you'll be fine. Week 4 is a tough week, but it makes week 5 much easier.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Good job Julie. I just passed under 300 myself for the first time in at least six months. Not going back over again.

It's amazing how much easier the runs get is you watch your diet and keep slowly losing weight as you do the program, isn't it? :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, Julie. You've got the determination it takes to make it through the program. Keep up the good work.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wow, Julie - you go! I didn't think I'd ever be somebody who loves to run. Until I hit week 9. So, there's hope. But don't worry about all that...I'm really impressed by the progress you've made so far and I hope you are too!

My favorite running quote is "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." from John Brigham (http://www.waddle-on.com/)