Should I up my cals more?

Options
mgebersold
mgebersold Posts: 20 Member
Been eating more for several days now. Went from eating 1300 to 1700/1800 on my own. Found emtwl group and upped to 2200 this week. I try to hit macros of 35/35/30 pro/carb/ fat . I eat 90% clean foods most of time. I also eat every 3 or 4 hours. My weight has never been the same as it has been this week. 176 every morning no matter what so far. I find I'm now hungrier more often. Does this mean I've got my metabolism going? Should I up some more?

Scooby says bmr 1579 tdee 2724 10% cut 2452

I guess I'm just scared to really calculate Scooby at the 5 to 6 hrs a week exercise.

Thoughts please?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Been eating more for several days now. Went from eating 1300 to 1700/1800 on my own. Found emtwl group and upped to 2200 this week. I try to hit macros of 35/35/30 pro/carb/ fat . I eat 90% clean foods most of time. I also eat every 3 or 4 hours. My weight has never been the same as it has been this week. 176 every morning no matter what so far. I find I'm now hungrier more often. Does this mean I've got my metabolism going? Should I up some more?

Scooby says bmr 1579 tdee 2724 10% cut 2452

I guess I'm just scared to really calculate Scooby at the 5 to 6 hrs a week exercise.

Thoughts please?

2 weeks to confirm a change, but increased hunger great sign while still working out, may mean you can nudge it up.

If you are currently doing the routine you plan on doing, after 2 weeks of holding steady, increase by 250 cal daily.

If that is truly extra, that's only 1 lb of fat in 2 weeks.

If no gain, your metabolism went up again. Hold for another 2 weeks to confirm, test again.

Any TDEE calc is to get you close, obviously a bunch of numbers between those levels.

Whatever you end up at when you do gain weight steadily, it was a tad less than that level.

That TDEE eating number / current weight BMR = your personal multiplier.
    So as BMR goes down as weight goes down, you can figure new TDEE and take new deficit.

That is much better than TDEE table with 5 levels.
  • mgebersold
    mgebersold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks hey bales. So keep everything the same for rest of this week and next then if no gain bump again? Correct?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thanks hey bales. So keep everything the same for rest of this week and next then if no gain bump again? Correct?

Good plan.

And even though many say ditch the scale during this time, I'd suggest for valid weigh-in times, morning after rest day eating normal sodium levels, it helps to see if the gain was instant across 2 weeks, so obvious water weight gain, or actually even across the 2 weeks, indicating fat and eating over TDEE.

Many don't check until after 6 or 8 weeks, but then have no idea how much of that was initial water weight gain, just like initial water weight loss when diet is started, and how much was progress gain showing likely fat.

Of course many are fighting the scale too, so tough choice.