"Friending" a date on FB.

Options
2»

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

ARE WE REALLY GOING OVER THIS AGAIN.

I'm sorry. . did I say something that's been said before? It won't happen again. . carry on. *backs out of single peeps group*

No, me. I'm the one that always says that and Flim usually makes fun of me for it...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of people I am friends with on FB that I only met one time before one of us requested the friend request. 90% of them I have done things with them after the inital request. FB to me is my social calander.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    So last week I met a new guy at a dating auction . I bidded on him and won! After the fact we talked for a while, and he said I should call when I wanted go out. (Hmmm). Well he texted me repeatedly that night when I got home including 430 in the AM on Sunday. I woke up this morning to a friend request on FB and a text saying Happy V-day later. Maybe I am old fashion, but am I right or not for being wary of a guy who does that before the first date takes place? I haven't even talked on the phone with him yet. Why don't men understand that women despise this behavior as much as they do? It just seems so invasive, and I feel like whats the point of going out if you are going to be snooping on my page looking for info?

CREEEEEEPY.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    @OP - I was wondering about the 'date auction'. How does it work? Is it an online thing, or did you go somewhere to bid?

How much did he cost?? lol
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It was a charity event for an organization. I did bid on him for 60 dollars..lol. I went out with him yesterday, and he was definitely a nice guy. He seems very into me more than I am into him though sadly.. No major deal breakers, but I don't know if I want to continue to see him afterwards. I think our needs in a relationship will probably be different. I am very independent, and he seems to need a partner who wants to do a lot of activities with him.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    @OP - I was wondering about the 'date auction'. How does it work? Is it an online thing, or did you go somewhere to bid?

Got some extra cash you're looking to get rid of? :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Only if you'd like to sell your bod to me Roadie!! ?? I'm sure you're worth much more than $60!!! lol :bigsmile:
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't think the actual request is creepy, but maybe in combination with some of the other stuff?

Some great friendships have started via Facebook... in fact, my relationship with my ex started when he friend requested me on FB.

He requested me after a brief encounter at my son's school... I thought it was weird (not creepy or anything, just odd because I did not really know him).
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options

Only if you'd like to sell your bod to me Roadie!! ?? I'm sure you're worth much more than $60!!! lol :bigsmile:
    $60? I doubt it, I'm usually the one that's paying :wink: