It really works, keep going!

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents. I started MyFitnessPal in February 2012 weighing in at 210 lbs. Loving food as much as I do, I balked at MFP's recommended 1200 calories a day. I knew instinctively I would be miserable and fail; I also knew I would never be able to continue eating so low for the rest of my life. I discovered the EMTWL group, worked out my BMR and TDEE and started eating at 15% cut of my TDEE.

I didn't exercise but I ate well throughout the year - around 10-15% TDEE cut. Some months I stopped logging altogether because real life intruded or I got lazy. But I continued to maintain and lose, maintain and lose. I even lost 2lbs over Christmas. My metabolism was firing on all cylinders and I had so much energy despite not exercising (I started exercising after Christmas). I was eating loads and felt completely satisfied.

You can see from my ticker how much I've lost.

I'm on a slightly different path now and trying 5:2 fasting. But 5 days out of 7 I continue to eat loads - only this time I eat 100% of my TDEE. Have I said before how much I love to eat! I'm also now exercising moderately 4-5 times a week. Have lost a further 6 lbs over the last 3 weeks.

Please keep going with EMTWL - even when you plateau. I have plateaued many times and for weeks on end but I kept eating at 10-15% TDEE and eventually lost.

Replies

• You've done fantastically well Bssh.
  • Congrats and yes I can vouch for EM2WL too. My plan going forward will be to eat at maintenance 1 week for every 4 deficit weeks. Keep up the good work.
  • Bssh
    Bssh Posts: 123
    Hi Double :-)
  • KitKB
    KitKB Posts: 45 Member
    A love letter to EM2WL (a day after V-day, so I'm late!):

Started MFP last year and used all of MFP's recommended food intake. So I was at 1200/day (hah!) It took me 13 weeks to lose 6 pounds and I finally gave up out of frustration.

Restarted this year in January, and decided to use EM2WL's way of doing things. It's been 6 weeks. I've lost 7 pounds and I feel like I haven't even put much effort into it at all. I feel full, energized, and NOT like I'm on a diet. And the pounds are melting off.