Taking 1st Bikram Yoga class Sunday

Options
2»

Replies

• bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Well, today will be my first class. Preppinng green smoothie, water, towels and my cute lulumon tops..;0)

My initial goal was to treat myself for a one month Bikram yoga class but decided not to wait until I meet my 105 scale reading. Today is the day and I am super excited!!

I will report to the group my first impressions. I appreciate all your comments for 1st timer, love it!!

Wishing everyone a great Saturday...:flowerforyou:

Rosie
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I enjoyed the relaxation, stretching and the of course the yoga exercises. The smell of sweat and bodies creeped me but I stay in the game, after 15 minutes I decided to enjoy the workout and block the smell. I paid for a month membership and I hope I can complete 3 classes a week. My other dilema was the fact I could not bring my flip flops inside to set my mat. I am a little terrified in catching fungus...
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Once you've done a few more classes and your comfortable with what you're doing, don't need to look to others to see how to do the poses, you'll find that mentally you'll be a lot more focused on what you're doing and the smells and sweat won't be much of a worry.

Does your studio have carpeted floors or other? Talking to the studio about how they keep them clean may help your thoughts. Or get there early and put your mat right near the door so you don't have to take too many steps in bare feet!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    You have fabulous tips and ideas. The studio has carpet and getting closer to the door is an excellent idea. Instructors seem to help me more in front due to learning new ways to help my knee. Sounds like a great plan. The smell is getting less and less, oh boy I did not think I was going to make it back after my first one due to the heavy odor smell. Here goes day 3 this afternoon!

Thank you again for such great suppport!
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    No problem! I love talking with people who have just started, it's so great to watch people discover it!

I've never been in a hot room with carpet, but I think it would gross me out too!
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Thank you. I discuss my fears of fungus at the studio and I was told I need a medical reason to wear socks. Yikes... Well, I hope to complete my 20 days, maybe more. Then I will research another studio which will be more of a drive, will keep searching for another studio. I am hoping to do a pilates or regular yoga challenge but will do research before I decide. So far so good, day 3 completed!