Exercise Ideas

Options
amsthegreat
amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
I made this thread so everyone can make suggestions to each other for ways to get in some activity without going to the gym. Bodies need rest, but that doesn't mean you can't still be active. What are some activities everyone does outside of the gym?

I like to go for walks. Lately, I've been bowling fairly often.

Any suggestions, feel free to add to this list!

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Swimming, Videos, Youtube videos, lifting at home, walk, run, hike... I plan on losing all this weight without stepping foot in a gym
  • ThatCatholicGirl
    ThatCatholicGirl Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Like WDEvy I have no intention whatsoever of spending any money or time in a gym. I have a very active 5 year old who loves a multitude of sports that I can participate alongside him with getting good exercise, fresh air and quality time together. We do this by going on our bikes and he can do about 8 miles with me. We also go to the park and play football (or soccer if you're American) and we have some free tennis courts near us that we go and practice tennis on. He does swimming as well but whilst I take him to his lessons if he wants to go during the week I'll make my husband take him - I hate swimming!
  • EatLiftRun
    Options
    Coming over and doing our laundry, dishes, and vaccuming are all great rest day burn ideas :laugh:

Hiking is my favourite easy burn be it rest day or exercise day.

This is a link to a site for workout ideas that can be done at home with just a few not to expensive things instead of having to spend a lot of money on a gym membership or various weights, etc. mymadmethods.com
  • amsthegreat
    amsthegreat Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I spend $12 a month for my gym membership. I use it in times of bad weather and for lifting. I just don't have the money for the sorts of equipment I use at the gym. I think $12 a month is very reasonable for unlimited gym usage at any location (pools, saunas, tanning, and classes all included). My gym is also open 24 hours a day. Worth it. :)